rns-e almost there!

gas-man

Reaction score
hi again everyone

so the rns-e sarga continues

right got myself a vag com lead

i think i must have read every post i could on coding with vagcom

so got it all coded how it should be i think!

so got the sat nav working including the dis

IMG 0397

cd/sd working
radio working
mfsw working
telephone working but cant get the information on the screen
this is what i have
IMG 0396
but i get incoming calls information on the screen
if anyone could tell me where i,m going wrong or suggest what i try next before my head explodes :banghead:

please

Looks like the RNS-E not coded correctly try 0xxx7xx. x = what ever your current coding is just change the third to end digit to 7

One final thing came to mind what version of bluetooth module to you have, if it's any of the following you will also get that screen regardless of the coding on the RNS-E or bluetooth, only slution to this would be to buy a newer version of the BT module.

Below are the versions that don't fully work with the RNS-E
8P0 862 335 A
8P0 862 335 D
8P0 862 335 E

Last edited:
Looks like the RNS-E not coded correctly try 0xxx7xx. x = what ever your current coding is just change the third to end digit to 7

One final thing came to mind what version of bluetooth module to you have, if it's any of the following you will also get that screen regardless of the coding on the RNS-E or bluetooth, only slution to this would be to buy a newer version of the BT module.

Below are the versions that don't fully work with the RNS-E
8P0 862 335 A
8P0 862 335 D
8P0 862 335 E

i have the oem nokia phone cradle in the armrest will check the numbers in the morning
not sure where to look is this on the module or do i look elsewhere?
i,m pretty sure i coded the rns-e as you have said with the 7xxx but will check this aswell
thanks guy,s
any other suggestion i can check in the morning?

To get the part number just use VCDS, as shown in the picture below. As you have a B7 you should have the correct module, but could have been replaced at some point by someone and an older module fitted, but I think it's more likely a coding issue. Also post the soft coding of your BT module.
Bluetooth

To get the part number just use VCDS, as shown in the picture below. As you have a B7 you should have the correct module, but could have been replaced at some point by someone and an older module fitted, but I think it's more likely a coding issue. Also post the soft coding of your BT module.
View attachment 10315

knowing the way my luck has gone with this mod it will be the bad module :keule:
but thanks for your help b5nut will post the soft coding of the module
after work tomorrow

View attachment 10315

hi b5nut
i think you might be on to something this is a pic of the module numbers
IMG 0401

nigel the codings i have entered are 0001822 if i use a 7 where the 8 is i dont get any mfsw

sorry for the delay in responding guys popped in the pub yesterday after work to watch the match
and it turned into a vodka day out :beerchug:

Yep module number not good - might be time to upgrade....

List from another forum:

8P0 862 335 E MY 2005 A4 8E-5-533 001>>8E-5-600 000 - Basic functionality only

nigel the codings i have entered are 0001822 if i use a 7 where the 8 is i dont get any mfsw
I think you're getting mixed up between the coding for the RNS-E and the phone module.

The phone module needs to be coded 011822, see Audi A3 (8P) Telephone Preparation - Ross-Tech Wiki

And the RNS-E needs to be coded 030x7xx, see Audi Radio/Navigation System (RNS-E) - Ross-Tech Wiki

Check/correct both of those, reset the RNS-E (by pressing and holding RADIO and SETUP until it resets), then clear any fault codes in both the RNS-E and the phone module.

Remember also that you can only pair a new phone for a few minutes after the ignition has been turned on.

As for coding it's what Dave said. However your BT module will need to be replaced with a newer version, there are plenty on ebay. Audi bluetooth control module | eBay

ok guys
will try the codes and then start searching for a module

was hopeing not to have to spend anymore for this mod thing is it all works but the phone book i can still speech dial,handsfree,answer call all seems to work!
so very frustrating (can feel another vodka day coming :sadlike:)

anyway thanks for the advice & help petrol Dave, b5nut and anyone else

will update when i get it sorted cheers

As for coding it's what Dave said. However your BT module will need to be replaced with a newer version, there are plenty on ebay. Audi bluetooth control module | eBay[/QUOT

hi again guys the sarga continues

b5nut won the module that you kindley linked me to model number is 8P0862335K

so when i install this unit do i just code how you guys have suggested?

or is there something else i should do ?

b5nut won the module that you kindley linked me to model number is 8P0 862 335 K

so when i install this unit do i just code how you guys have suggested?

or is there something else i should do ?
Code the BT module, code the RNS-E, clear the fault codes on both, and restart the RNS-E.

Then turn the ignition off and back on, and pair your phone with the BT.

Dont want to **** on your firework fella, but K modules are known to have issues, so be warned.

Dont want to **** on your firework fella, but K modules are known to have issues, so be warned.

no no :keule:not again this really is turning into a nightmare

nigel i got the module for £43.00 would you take a chance on it or would you opt out and go for a different module

are they all faulty? or is it a batch? is there a way of knowing ie a serial number or a batch number?

really beginning to wish i left the single din concert radio in just aint worth the aggro

thanks for the advice anyway nigel

Hey for £43 as a kit its worthwhile, you can always goto audi & get them to upgrade firmware, but thats going to cost probably an hour, I would of bought the latest version in the beginning, then you wouldnt potentially have further issues.

Just test it mate as you may find its ok, but K is known to have firmware issues.

For £40 it's worth a punt, just stick it in and use it. If you want a new module it's going to set you back at least £200 so if your K works and you pay for a firmware update as nigal say's your still not doing bad. Another option is to put it back on the ebay and buy another module, but I would just use one you have.

ok chaps

installed the bluetooth module today

got the bluetooth paired, no sim message now gone and strength signels on the screen

but unable to sync contacts from my iphone 3gs and cant store anything

nothing on this screen works

IMG 0405

seem to be getting closer but i just cant seem to crack it

can you guys suggest what i do next?

Its comfort coded as those menu's are there, have you reset the rns-e & also what coding is in rns-e & the bt module now.

but unable to sync contacts from my iphone 3gs and cant store anything?
Could be one of two things:
- It takes a LONG time to sync contacts initially, try checking again after a long drive (over half an hour).
- The K version module may not be 100% compatible with an iPhone 3GS.

thanks nigel & dave

nigel yes you where correct i think i,ve coded it correctly this time

as i now have phonebook and missed and recieved call ect

my codes are telephone is 0011822

and the rns-e is 0301715

but for some reason it will not let me store numbers

and the mode button will not work

so i seem to be getting closer the good thing is i,m learning about using vag-com i think!

Where I never usually disagree with PD :) I've never seen a contact list take 30 mins, then again if you sync your facebook friends with contacts list, you never know lol.

Anyway, make sure the bus is coded in adaptation channel under instruments for telephone & steering wheel is coded for telephone aswell.

well guys i think i got there its all up and running i think!

i just got to learn how to use the thing now

only thing thats not working is the mode button, but i,m not sure that was working before i started this mod

i would like to say thank you to the guys who help me get this sorted

it would of gone in the bin if not for nigel, petrolDave, and B5NUT and anybody else who chipped in

so cheers guys i even learned a bit about vagcom also (bonus)

Where I never usually disagree with PD :) I've never seen a contact list take 30 mins
I watched the contact list syncing with my new iPhone 5 last month (sad I know!!!) and it took 25 minutes from pairing to the final contact appearing in the RNS-E.

OK, so I rounded up 25 minutes to 30 minutes :o.k:

only thing thats not working is the mode button
What are you expecting the mode button to do?

All it will do when working correctly is switch to/from phone mode from whatever other mode the RNS-E was in - that's all.

What are you expecting the mode button to do?

All it will do when working correctly is switch to/from phone mode from whatever other mode the RNS-E was in - that's all.

i,m not sure bud, i have read it just takes from cd/sd to radio from but its not doing anything at the moment

i have read it just takes from cd/sd to radio
Whoever wrote that got it wrong because it doesn't do that.

As I said all it does is switch back and forth between phone and whatever other mode the radio/RNS-E is in.

thanks mate
won,t worry about that then and thanks again for your help