Lowering options (again) sorry

schmergal

Reaction score
I know this has been covered umpteen times but here we go, cars going for a service next week and want to lower as well, it's an s-line avant with 19's ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359069898683431

Do I lower with eibach springs on s-line shocks with purch plate in front

or

Do I buy coilovers which I've found on gumtree rather cheap

Either way it works out roughly the same price

Thoughts

Cheers

how low are you loking to go, and what tyre width/offset are you running?

goose

234/35/19 feck nose what offset

The look I want is I don't want the wheels or tyres tucked under the arches but the tyre just visible and spacers to bring the tyre right out level with the arch, no far from that at the min at the back but the front is way off, bought the purch plates few months ago but no change at all, I seriously doubt the mechanic even fitted them to be honest

234/35/19 feck nose what offset

The look I want is I don't want the wheels or tyres tucked under the arches but the tyre just visible and spacers to bring the tyre right out level with the arch, no far from that at the min at the back but the front is way off, bought the purch plates few months ago but no change at all, I seriously doubt the mechanic even fitted them to be honest

I remember reading your thread about the perches, I'm 99% sure someone posted the wrong part numbers for the perches. I bought the same ones as you did, looked and compared them with the ones on the car and couldn't see how they could possibly lower the car so never fitted them. Only this week I picked up the right B5 perches and its clearly obvious that and how they lower the car 15/20mm. I've not fitted them yet so was hanging off updating your thread so other don't waste there money like you and I did. Hopefully if the weather improves I'll get them fitted, don't go blaming your mechanic just yet!!

So the perches we bought are for what, thought myself they looked quite bulky compared to the google images you get when searching, when you fitting them mate, yours an S-line?

I've no idea what they're for mate. Hopefully in the next week or so depending on the weather. Mines an S line, lowered on H&R springs but looking for just a wee shade more on the front hence the perches.
Heres the thread I started a while ago looking for confirmation, I've now ordered the correct ones from TPS using the part numbers later on in the thread.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...176038-b5-spring-perch-seat-confirmation.html

My car with H&Rs
PB243107.jpg

As it is now with spacers and the H&R and 18" wheels with snow tyres
PC293130_zps85e84a03.jpg

I've no idea what they're for mate. Hopefully in the next week or so depending on the weather. Mines an S line, lowered on H&R springs but looking for just a wee shade more on the front hence the perches.
Heres the thread I started a while ago looking for confirmation, I've now ordered the correct ones from TPS using the part numbers later on in the thread.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...176038-b5-spring-perch-seat-confirmation.html

My car with H&Rs
PB243107.jpg

PC293130_zps85e84a03.jpg
What size H&R springs did you go for

£180 ish arnt they plus the perch plate £40 ish, and still might not be happy with height that's why I'm considering a set of the budget coilovers available on eBay @ £200 anyone know anything about them? TA Technix or similar

Just ordered perch plates from Audi (again) lets hope the right ones this time 8D0 4121 03B

Yes mate fingers crossed, ordering a set of 35mm H&R's 2moro, should be on next week sometime along with cupra splitter and some spacers, looking forward to the results

My car with H&Rs
PB243107.jpg

PC293130_zps85e84a03.jpg

Looks great mate. Is this with b5 perches as well?