US Style Custom Boot Lid

D2NY G

Reaction score
So,

With having small number plates my plate looked lost in the boot lid, only option US rear so got a price and thought **** that 630quid

LOL, bought a doner boot off ebay, left it in garage for a few weeks for after new year.

Now work has started heres some opening pics

IMG_1127 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

all stripped

IMG_1128 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

sort of size it will end up with a similar sized plate

more pics and updates to be posted as and when

Yet another project underway Danny eh lol, gonna look well smart that fella, how much was the boot lid

But whats the official line/law on shortened plates as I was under it had to be a specific size etc.

Nigel, I'm not entirely sure but my mate got stopped last summer for speeding, he has a shortened rear number plate (with legal lettering & spacing), the police didn't mention the plate at all (maybe they didn't notice lol).

Or he had boobs & shaved his moustache of lmao

Reactions: Macdoon
Yet another project underway Danny eh lol, gonna look well smart that fella, how much was the boot lid

you know me mate lol, bought the boot for £60

But whats the official line/law on shortened plates as I was under it had to be a specific size etc.

you allowed 11mm round the edge of the letters or something like that, my plates are legal at this, never had issues with any police

DSC_0548 [1024x768] by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

£60 ...bargain

was only bout 30mins from mine too, thinking of gerring boot done and chucking it on ebay see if any interest and have my mate make another, all depending like

Ill have the us spec one for £80 bud haha ;)

come on bud I'm itching to see this done lol

Gonna look the mutts nuts

should do fella! think im gunna go for a double exhaust on the rear nah instead of smoothing off the rear diffuser

so that be plans for later in year a reckon

Reactions: Whopper
should do fella! think im gunna go for a double exhaust on the rear nah instead of smoothing off the rear diffuser

so that be plans for later in year a reckon

i was contemplating that, s4 or rs4 though? Lol

i was contemplating that, s4 or rs4 though? Lol

think smoothing it off will be way too much ****ing about haha, erm not decided yet, s4 diffuser then some tips to match

doubles ovals dunno yet man, it be subtle anyway so nowt mad lol

Searched ages for these pics as they're the same colour as mine lol decisions decisions!!

29d544118f99d78e8b4d000f0ab51093_zpsc76c78c3.jpg

or

14ae408d8351e80fd1f5894a7c9cdc39_zpsef9ed90f.jpg

cool, might even go for a 2.0turbo style valance to have just double exhaust smart lil round ones

Looking good Danny, looking forward to seeing it finished.

You going to weld plates either side of the smaller recess? Didn't know if you might be using fiberglass/filler to make up the extra area but I'd seen you start with welding now!

Looking good Danny, looking forward to seeing it finished.

You going to weld plates either side of the smaller recess? Didn't know if you might be using fiberglass/filler to make up the extra area but I'd seen you start with welding now!

yeah its my mate whos doing it got his own bodyshop so ive told him wat i want and to get chopping bascially

cant wait for it to be fitted tho

gunna look mint once done.

i do like the oem one, but the gaps at either side play on my mind all the time so this shud sort that lol

It's such a shame that it's not easier to ship to and from USA. Over on audizine they all seem to want euro boots, would be nice if we could swap easier.

I did consider buying a load and shipping them over ha! I bet you'd make a packet selling euro boots over there.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

It's such a shame that it's not easier to ship to and from USA. Over on audizine they all seem to want euro boots, would be nice if we could swap easier.

I did consider buying a load and shipping them over ha! I bet you'd make a packet selling euro boots over there.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Is be happy to swap for a u.s one lol

stupid vat and shipping ect :(

yeah i was talking to ppl on audizine and they would swap but its long time in transit ect and the costing is alot, so ive saved a fraction of the price custom making one

like i say if intrest and price is rights ill get my mate to fab my spare one

IMG_1242 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

pic from last night, shud be in primer ect by now, ready for paint :D

more updates today, fitted for weekend hopefully, then audi sport yorkshire meet :)

I was going to ask if you're going to wrap it in carbon... but I don't think that's your style...

no ya right it aint my style :D

got a few bits for car that will be carbon dipped for this show season but you will have to wait for them ;)

well wanted to have boot on for weekend, but after friday at work i got a promotion, so decided to treat the car by tidyin up some paint on it.

so the boot and everything will be fitted and 3 x arches tidyed up

heres the boot at the moment

IMG_1255 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr