Wheel alignment cost.

John@mk

Reaction score
Hi all,
Both front tyres have worn on the outer edges so would need to be replaced.So would you replace then get the wheels aligned or align then replace tyres.
has anybody had their wheels aligned recently or what would the costs be ?.the car does not pull or tramline but it has hit a few pot holes over the last few months.
any advice would be welcome,

cheers,

John.

I have just had my wheels aligned in the last month so here's my story;

Two new front tyres fitted and balanced, steering wheel off centered so had four wheel alignment done for an additional £30 and thats here in the NE so the price is low. Steering wheel was still off centred so had it done again at no extra cost. Result was the steering wheel was still off centred and the company claimed my rear suspension geometry has some wear in it preventing them getting consistent results.
I took the car to my local Indy who realigned the wheels in my presence ( took about 30 minutes and £20) and the car is now fine.

Hoorah !

TBh costs vary, a guy got robbed for £165 the other day having his done & then complained he thought they could of done better, but £65 to £100 is acceptable on most good systems IMHO.

Round my way they do FOC checks, them about £30 if it needs adjusting :yes: #Lincolnshire

Thanks for the advise guys,
Paul B7 was your car aligned on a hunter type system or at local tyre fitting centre using mirrors sorry but its years since I had had an issue with alignment
There are a couple of places near me that have either a hunter or Beisbarth four wheel alignment (4WA).I'm sure I read somewhere some places charge for the initial test then more for each adjustment or for each half an hour need to make the adjustment.
does this sound right.
Anyway still need new tyres !!!!!

cheers,

Thanks for the advise guys,
Paul B7 was your car aligned on a hunter type system or at local tyre fitting centre using mirrors sorry but its years since I had had an issue with alignment
There are a couple of places near me that have either a hunter or Beisbarth four wheel alignment (4WA).I'm sure I read somewhere some places charge for the initial test then more for each adjustment or for each half an hour need to make the adjustment.
does this sound right.
Anyway still need new tyres !!!!!

cheers,

I don't recall the make of system but both used laser based systems if this helps.

Thats reasonable £75, whats wrong with that.

Urmmmmm, maybe little bit much, but then again how longs it take them, electricity, equipment costs, they dont get £75 in hand, so overall its not exactly expensive.

I have just had my wheels aligned in the last month so here's my story;

Two new front tyres fitted and balanced, steering wheel off centered so had four wheel alignment done for an additional £30 and thats here in the NE so the price is low. Steering wheel was still off centred so had it done again at no extra cost. Result was the steering wheel was still off centred and the company claimed my rear suspension geometry has some wear in it preventing them getting consistent results.
I took the car to my local Indy who realigned the wheels in my presence ( took about 30 minutes and £20) and the car is now fine.

Hoorah !

Having the same issue with my steering wheel being off centred. Not sure whether to get alignment done when I have my new tyres fitted or before.

The Hunter system is briliant Elite in Essex is very good and very reasonable .My old Golf mk iv was slammed 50mm and was spot after realignment by them

got through the pro align which use the hunter system and the local garage charges £85.00 plus vat,then spoke to APS who use the Beisbarth four wheel alignment (4WA) system and charge the same!!! the guy (Ian?) said the the rear wheels on the quattro are adjustable ?thinking this is the way to go as it's less than a new tyre......which I will go through if not sorted out...
ordered the new tyres today so will get back with an update once fitted and aligned.

cheers and enjoy the snow....

got through the pro align which use the hunter system and the local garage charges £85.00 plus vat,then spoke to APS who use the Beisbarth four wheel alignment (4WA) system and charge the same!!! the guy (Ian?) said the the rear wheels on the quattro are adjustable ?thinking this is the way to go as it's less than a new tyre......which I will go through if not sorted out...
ordered the new tyres today so will get back with an update once fitted and aligned.

cheers and enjoy the snow....

The rear wheels on the 2WD units are adjustable as well.....................Good Luck !

Now had the tyres fitted now waiting for the whjte stuff to go
Found a place in MK that use the Hunter system for £45 plus vat.So report back when alignmet sorted....

Attachments

• 20130120_093631.jpg
    20130120_093631.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 153
Now had the tyres fitted now waiting for the whjte stuff to go
Found a place in MK that use the Hunter system for £45 plus vat.So report back when alignmet sorted....

Is that price for a full 4 wheel alignment or just tracking?

Az

The price is £45 plus vat then x plus vat for any adjustnents.As I was advised to go to this tyre fitters by one of the local indy's who also send them all their alignment work they said they will do it plus adjustments for £45 plus vat.

We shall see.....but after the snow has gone
Two other places in MK where going to charge £99 plus vat but this include any adjustment, this was using the audi system.