Any preference ?

OCDetails

Reaction score
Website
www.ocdetails.co.uk
Hey all, so I'm back from an army exercise in Switzerland tomorrow (15 hr drive in a land rover defender, treat myself), and I had a thought another 200 miles I'm going to change out the oil and all filters on my audi.

1: what oil should I use? Been winter I'm probably looking at 10w 20/10? Or should I look at thicker? Brands?
2: should I use gen filters or performance ones? K&N oil filter etc?
3: how often should the pollen filter be changed and where is it?

Note: my cars on 88k I got it at 83k (had it remapped last month). I know 5k isn't a lot but I look after my car n don't fancy waiting until 103k service interval at audi under warranty (years cover with 4 free full services).

Its more peace of mind for my sake tbh, OCD with my 1st car that's all I can say xD especially since it wasn't sponsored by mummy n daddy xD

info is appreciated :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you dont wana do that to the exhaust come on its an audi
just use the long life oil and pollen i change every year

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you dont wana do that to the exhaust come on its an audi
just use the long life oil and pollen i change every year

im not going to split them like the golf as there like 30cm apart I'm talking 1 -2 cm apart centred, seen it on an s5 it looks very clean :)

any brand oil advised? also where is the pollen filter?I bet it's not been changed since the car was built tbh. They usually get overlooked.

Can I get any upgrade air filter or is this going to throw up a DIS error? I was thinking K&N panel filter?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 150
try not to use k&n the maf dont like the oil in them no dis error
i use audi longlife oil i have a pal at TPS so cheap for me
and still the center is not to my likeing
not to say you shouldnt do it if you like it just not for me

+1 steer clear of the K&N oil versions as Bez says the maf gets coated, not worth it for tbh imho not really noticeable gain.

I've run a K&N 57i induction kit for over 30k miles, I like to think the engine breathes a little better with it. No problems with MAF at all, its still bone dry and clean in there :)