AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy A4 Avant 2.otfsi - It had better be worth the wait Custom Code!

Hello all, just thought I would share my re-map woes and see what your thoughts are

After getting my car ready over the past couple of months - K&N panel filter and fitting a forge diverter value, I finally dropped the car off at the garage in the new year for a custom code stage 1 map. I would have liked a Milltek system but funds wouldn't allow.

I have the special edition with 220bhp BUL engine so am not expecting massive power gains but a bit of extra poke and improved fuel economy, fingers crossed and I was very excited.

Unfortunately the Custom Code map contained a file error which enabled the immobiliser and I am told this could not be rectified "over the internet" so my ECU had to be removed and sent to Custom Code to sort out. That was last Thursday and although Custom Code have fixed the ECU, it's still not back at the garage, they are seemingly trying to track it down in the postal system so I'm slightly concerned to say the least!

I must say that the garage have been really good and I have one of the owners personal cars to pootle around in, a 2.0TDI Golf.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If the ECU gets lost in the post can I just get another one from Audi with minimal fuss?

Here's hoping.....

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyh View Post
    Unfortunately the Custom Code map contained a file error which enabled the immobiliser and I am told this could not be rectified "over the internet" so my ECU had to be removed and sent to Custom Code to sort out.

they are seemingly trying to track it down in the postal system so I'm slightly concerned to say the least!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If the ECU gets lost in the post can I just get another one from Audi with minimal fuss?
    The fact they wrote a file error is fairly poor tbh, then they sent it via royal mail or courier, but either way should of been insured & trackable considering the actual item & if they have lost it, then they will have to pay up for a replacement, thing is car has to goto audi or the like to have immo/keys matched to ecu/car anyway, so its not that straight forward mate.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK