Rear arch rolling / pulling

Whopper

Reaction score
Evening guys,

Thought I'd ask a quick question regarding Rolling/Pulling my rear arches.

My rears are as low as they can go (at the moment, custom springs will be ordered as soon as I sort minor rubbing) I still have the adjuster in so there's a little more to come.

Besides that my 18" 9.5 et 40, rub ever so slightly on the inner arch. I have 235/40 tyres which I know are a little beefy but don't want stupid stretch! They only rub on fairly big dips in the road with the kids in the back so they're is obviously some room in there.

They poke ever so slightly maybe 5mm? But that's with standard camber and everything untouched. I'm thinking if I add camber it's the inner corner going to make a lot more contact as that's where it touches if that makes sense?

So if I add a spacer to get away from the inner and get the arches rolled AND they'd need to be pulled too otherwise they'd poke too much?

Is anybody still with me? lol If so any ideas ?

Already got the 9.5" alloys, raising is an option although like how it sits at the moment.

didnt realise 3dsms were 9.5" wide, smart!!

Yeah Danny staggered, 8.5 front and 9.5 rears :)
e077e88c03ecbe4febc4566beefa7748_zpsef0648f1.jpg

14480272e9b6f88660e6399ac8638500_zps8c067cd7.jpg

sweet! u got any other mods on the cards mines slowed down over crimbo just boot is in fab now give ma mate the dimensions other than that nowt :(

Not really bud, keep looking at that oil problem the blbs suffer from so unsure what's on the cards :/

ahhh yeah, i dont read these stories me lol

I had 3sdm 0.01 on my a4 b7, rears were 9.5j and unsure of offset.

They rubbed at first, but I adjusted the hub so it cambered the wheel. This helped and it stopped scrubbing the arch.

When the wheel is off, the top bolt on the hub adjusts the angle of the hub, try angle it abit until the wheel clears the arches.

Reactions: Whopper