A4 2.0T FSI no power above 3000 revs??

t111bul

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 A4 B7 2.0T FSI Quattro that has shown a low pressure fuel reading and now it has got no power above 3000 revs. I am pretty shaw it is down to the in tank fuel pump being shot. The pump does make a lot of noise but i just want to make sure it couldn't be anything else. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Tim

If it's noisy then it would seem that the pump may be at fault. If your fuel level is low have you tried filling up to see if it makes any difference. Only trouble then is if it is pump I think tank has to be no more than 1/4 full before you can remove pump from top of tank under rear seat.

Last edited:
The car has about half a tank of fuel at the moment. Why does it have to a certain amount in it to allow the pump to be changed?

The HPFP seems to be ok and I have bought a new follower which I'm going to change when I do the LPFP pump. I've ordered a new pump today that is going to turn up on Friday so hopefully the car will be cured.

The car has about half a tank of fuel at the moment. Why does it have to a certain amount in it to allow the pump to be changed?

Elsawin states that the tank must be no more than 1/4 full otherwise fuel spillage could occur. I guess its due to health & safety issues and that's Audi recommendation.

Ok I've changed the pump now and thank you for the advice Custardsuker, the fuel was at a decent hight not to be a problem. The car now feels much better to drive. It doesn't seem to be holding back, it starts much better too and the pump is a hell of a lot quieter.

Ok I've changed the pump now and thank you for the advice Custardsuker, the fuel was at a decent hight not to be a problem. The car now feels much better to drive. It doesn't seem to be holding back, it starts much better too and the pump is a hell of a lot quieter.

Glad to hear you got it sorted and that it's now driving better.

What's the price for the in tank pump and the hpfp with new lifter is it a easy job to do

The in tank pump was £260 from Audi, it took less that half an hour to change from start to finish. I can't remember how much the new lifter was as i have had it laying around for ages. I don't know how much a new HPFP is as i haven't had to change it.

around 230/260 for the HPFP the cam follower is just over 20 quid