Volks AutosChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Phone prep removal

After having the new toy for a couple of weeks its time to start playing and pulling things apart (and hoping I can put it back together again).

Basically I want to remove the physical phone prep from the centre console as I'm using the bluetooth. and the blank holder looks really sh!te just sitting there.
    Firstly can I remove the holder and not effect the bluetooth functionality and secondly is there a kit or way of filling in the HUGE whacking great holes in the dash??
    A4 Avant (B7) 2.0 TFSI SLine Quattro TipTronic - Ooooooosh!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Hi,

There are two types of phone prep; one has a cradle concealed inside the armrest, the other has a humoungous ugly cradle bolted to the side of the centre console on the passenger side. I'm guessing from your description that you have the latter. If so, then mine had the same arrangement when I went to view it, and I asked the supplying dealer if it could be removed. They said it could, but that it would leave two big holes in the side of the console, and there was no way of plugging them invisibly.

In the end, I managed to negotiate the fitment of a new console, so no holes. Someone else will probably be able to explain how to remove the cradle but only proceed if you're willing to have the exposed holes on the console.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You can replace that area of the console, but as said it will leave holes for now until replaced.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Was kind of hoping that having the latter wouldn't mean having a couple of peep holes left behind.
    Cheers for the info and I'll get looking for a replacement console I might even look at making some sort of temporary bung / cover for the holes to to get rid of the bracket.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Only other option is to plastic weld it, sand down, paint, but thats a bit of effort & may be obvious.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Probably too much effort if it ends up being noticable. Although It'll probaly look better than the bracket and the bungs if I do it as a temp fix..............

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Good luck with it, however you decide to fix it.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks!

I'll post some before and after pics if it all works out OK