Defrost flap and heating problem

lucasuk

Reaction score
Hi there

Sorry the first post being a problem but need some help
I have a S4 2005 and I have a problem with the defrost flap not moving and no heat for the passagner but all fine on drivers side.

I have done some work myself and found where one the problems could be. I have found this picture of the motors behind the glovebox and where i have put one of the arrows pointing at the green arm that is missing in my car. Any ideas where i can get this from or a part number?

Audi Avant1

Also which motor controls the heating for the passanger side?

Any help with this would be great.

Attachments

• Audi Avant.jpg
    Audi Avant.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 16,284
Welcome to the forum fella, can't help with your issue but i'm sure someone will be along to help, but for my twopennith worth "don't let anyone in your passenger seat " lol

Post a pic of your car too:arco:

IIRC it's the bottom motor (the one with the orange linkage) that controls the passenger side heating.

My passenger side was only blowing cold air about a year ago, on investigation there was nothing wrong with the motor but the linkage had shifted slightly and jammed so all I had to do was remove the motor, unjam the linkage and refit the motor.

BTW you can use the output tests on VCDS (VAG-COM) and watch the motors move.

Hi, can't see your picture, but I had the same problem with my B6 cab, that it the defroster wouldn't open/close. It's the one with the green linkage which operates the defrost flap. I have done a temp fix of removing the motor and opening the flap by hand and leaving it open. There is a thread in the B6 forum somewhere of people opening the motor, regressing and putting back together, and hey presto! The motors new I think are about £75!

i can't help on the passenger heating issue

Wow nice and quick replys cheers guys.

Ok will look at the motor with the orange linkage.

Any ideas on where i can get the green linkage that links in for the defrost part as this is missing?

Plug it in should give you a v number. Defrost flap on a4 should be v107 I think

Hi

Its not the motor i need it’s the green arm that connects to the linkage i am having trouble finding.

Cheers

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply and help.
I have managed to find a company that specialize in braking Audi's so got the defrost flap linkage for £30

Cheers

Hi Guys

Hope you are all enjoying the snow.
Today I went to fit 2 new motors, one for the defrost flap and one for the passenger heating.
Problem is both still do not move when turning on the defrost or heating. I dont have them connected to the linkage just hanging free but connected to the plugs. Any ideas what else I can look at or am i going to have to bite the bullet and take it to a garage

Cheers

Today I went to fit 2 new motors, one for the defrost flap and one for the passenger heating.
Problem is both still do not move when turning on the defrost or heating.
Have you checked/cleared any fault codes in the climate control?

Plus try using the output test using VCDS, that exercises all the motors and the blower fan.

Have you checked/cleared any fault codes in the climate control?

Plus try using the output test using VCDS, that exercises all the motors and the blower fan.

How do you I clear the vault codes and I dont know what you mean by using VCDS for output test?

Ok managed to get a cable and software

Codes that are coming up are

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 8E0-820-043.LBL
Part No: 8E0 820 043 AM
Component: A4 Klimaautomat 2728
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 06325
7 Faults Found:
00727 - Potentiometer in Positioning Motor for Defrost Flap (G135)
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
00727 - Potentiometer in Positioning Motor for Defrost Flap (G135)
09-00 - Adaptation Limit Surpassed
01841 - Potentiometer/Actuator for Temperature Flap; Left (G220)
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
01841 - Potentiometer/Actuator for Temperature Flap; Left (G220)
09-00 - Adaptation Limit Surpassed
01810 - Actuating Motor for Temperature Flap; Right (V159)
41-00 - Blocked or No Voltage
00716 - Air recirculation Flap Positioning Motor (V113)
41-00 - Blocked or No Voltage
00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent

So its not happy. Any ideas what to look at next. Did try clearing the codes but they came straight back

Have you gone into hvac and tried to run test to hear the motors/flaps working?
We've suggested that to lucasuk before, but he doesn't know how to run the output test...

lucasuk - when you open the HVAC controller in VCDS look at the screen on the PC and you'll see a button which says "Output Tests-03", click on this and a menu will come up that will guide you through testing the various motors.

The interactive on-line VCDS manual will show you what to expect Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour click on Select, then on 08-Auto HVAC, and then on Output Tests-03.

We've suggested that to lucasuk before, but he doesn't know how to run the output test...

lucasuk - when you open the HVAC controller in VCDS look at the screen on the PC and you'll see a button which says "Output Tests-03", click on this and a menu will come up that will guide you through testing the various motors.

The interactive on-line VCDS manual will show you what to expect Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour click on Select, then on 08-Auto HVAC, and then on Output Tests-03.

Ok thanks Dave. Not had a chance yet to do this but will try it over next few days.

Ok update.

I have run the output test-03 and both motors move. I have reconnected them to the flaps and rerun the test and again all is good.
If i run the full scan i still get all the errors as above.

What do i do next?

Cheers

Hi Guys

Anyone got any ideas what i can do here to get this working. Is this pointing towards the CC unit its self not working?

Cheers

Have you cleared the errors after you have scanned it? Go into Hvac , check fault codes and clear again .

Have you cleared the errors after you have scanned it? Go into Hvac , check fault codes and clear again .

I am sure this is what i did. Can i just check to make sure I am doing things in the right order.
I did a complete scan and I see the errors. I clear the errors then re run but they are still there.
Is there something i have to do after i clear the errors?

Cheers

Yes all motors and blowers working fine with that test.

Ok ,when it is all back together does the heating/cooling work as normal?
Not using vcds .

No the motors dont move when I am using it through the standard controls on the CC

Well think the buttons are fine as I can hear the air change position but the motors don't move.