New a4 cabrio pics are out!

• Thread starter imported_Yaseen
  • Start date
nice from the back, but i'm not too sure that the new grille style suits a cab...

i'd still have one though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
photochop!

[/ QUOTE ]

AutoExpress are claiming they're the official release photos. They appear real enough to me.

front is not as nice as the current model - but still look the nuts

I've gotta say I really like it; and I think they've done really well with the new front-end; it could've so easily gone horribly wrong. I'd like to see the front-end in some other colours though; I reckon thats when you'd get the full impact.

I don't think much of recycling the new A3 3dr tail-lights for it (which is more or less what it appears they've done) - I think the new tail-lights are one of the best bits on a B7 (even though I was a MASSIVE fan of the B6)... It seems a shame they're diluted on the cabriolet.

Regards,

Rob.

I like it as well but I'd like to see the front in other colours as well or better still to see it in flesh (obviously).

nice i want one!

the grill looks old school which i like, even though new grill is like a jet engine intake somehow doesnt do it for me.

Anyone hear anything about when the new Cab will come out in the US? An e-mail to Audi-USA resulted in the reply that there are no changes to the (B6) Cab models for 2006, and that a new Cab wouldn't be out in the US until the 2007 model year. But, I don't necessarily believe or trust this.

VW is supposedly intro-ing their new Eos with retractable hard-top into the US in late Spring or early summer (as a 2006.5 model, I guess). This is supposedly intermediate in size between the Passat and Jetta, so maybe it is more like an A3 Cab.

Then there is Volvo which is intro'ing the new C70 convertible, also with a retractable hard-top, in "Spring, 2006" for the US.

I almost bought a Mustang convertible, but decided to hold off until some of these other choices are out (even though both the Volvo and Audi would be a fair amount of additional money, for less raw performance, albeit more refinement).