Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

Osram nightbreakers

Evening all
    Just a quick question.....Think i'm going to upgrade my headlight bulbs to the ones mentioned above.
    Do they do matching one for the sidelights?
    Looks ridiciouls white headlight with yellow sidelights!

Thanks a happy new year!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Try user t8ups for upgraded bulbs. x

EM Tuning

Happy New Year. X
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

1st Gear

Status
    The nightbreakers are not much brighter than standard bulbs so your sidelights wouldn't look too out of place. Probably still worth talking to t8ups if you want some led ones
    Audi A4 B7 1.9TDi SE | Auto Lights, Wipers & Dimming Mirror | Cruise Control | DIS

Mod's so far: Ambient light, Cupra R splitter, 4300k HID's, Painted Brake Calipers & Hubs, Dice Electronics iPod & Aux, Leather Armrest, Interior, Sidelight & Number Plate LED's, Curry Hooks, Tie Downs, Ambient Footwell LED's, Footwell Lights, Shadow Chrome S-Line (RS6) wheels, Mudflaps, Votex Rear Diffuser, RS4 Rear ARB

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alpesh26 View Post
    The nightbreakers are not much brighter than standard bulbs so your sidelights wouldn't look too out of place. Probably still worth talking to t8ups if you want some led ones
    Arrrr right, thought they would stand out like a sore thumb! Thanks for the heads up on who to contact.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffy View Post
    Arrrr right, thought they would stand out like a sore thumb! Thanks for the heads up on who to contact.
    Does it matter all that much? After all, you won't be looking at them when you're driving will you? I've got Nightbreakers on mine, and whilst not in the same league as Xenons, they do give improved vision over the standard halogens.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Does it matter all that much? After all, you won't be looking at them when you're driving will you? I've got Nightbreakers on mine, and whilst not in the same league as Xenons, they do give improved vision over the standard halogens.
    Haha! You're right I can't see them, although I can't see my wheels either when I'm driving....but wouldn't want to ride round with a set of Halfords chrome effect wheel trims on the car ,

I just didnt want there to be a massive contrast between the two. Looks nasty. The main thing as you rightly say is they give a improved light
    Last edited by tuffy; 1st January 2013 at 08:15.

Neutral

Status
    I Bought nightbrakers for my motorbike ( they were the only bulb in my size ) and the change from std halogens is fantastic , they are really white without dazzling .
    Ian

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Have to agree Nightbreakers are a definate improvemnent over standard halogens
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

1st Gear

Status
    Excuse me for being thick but can you simply upgrade to Nightbreakers or Xenons simply by buying new bulbs or is there a mod you would need to do to the headlamp unit itself?
    Last edited by Luke2.0tdi2006; 9th January 2013 at 06:30. Reason: couldn't bare to see buy instead of by!! maybe the 'thicko' would have had to come into play!

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    night breakers are a direct replacement
    xenons are ballast and bulbs
    or full headlights if you want oem

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke2.0tdi2006 View Post
    Excuse me for being thick but can you simply upgrade to Nightbreakers or Xenons simply buy buying new bulbs or is there a mod you would need to do to the headlamp unit itself?
    First off, you're not thick just because you don't know something, so no apology necessary.

Upgrading to Osram Nightbreakers is simply a case of swapping bulbs. They are halogen bulbs, just like the original, just better ones.

Xenons are a different ballgame altogether. They use a completely different technology for creating the light. Strictly speaking, they should be installed properly by changing the entire headlight assembly, and retro-fitting automatic levelling and lens-cleaning systems. That's because the beam pattern is very specific, and must be maintained with exact precision at all times.

For some years now, it has been possible to buy kits that convert existing halogen headlamps to take xenon bulbs. I had one in my previous car. But I think these are about to become MOT-failure material (please correct me someone if I'm wrong on this).
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Got there before me, Bez.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for your concise reply jdp, I think I'll give the nightbreakers a go then, hopefully they don't look too 'tacky'?