Anyone in or around London with VAG-COM? Need help asap!

ultramodz

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE
Reaction score
Website
www.mattstevens.co.uk
Hi all,

My MOT is due by the 2nd Jan and at the moment, my airbag light is on. It's been on since I had my RS4 seats/retrim, but the car will fail the MOT as it is now due to the new rules.

If anyone can help me with VAG-COM, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in London (N6) but I can drive an hour or so in any direction if it means fixing this in time for the MOT.

I need to get this sorted today/tomorrow ideally!

Cheers,
Matt.

Im in Folkestone if adamss24 cannot do Sunday.

I take it the seats were fitted before the re-trim without the light being on? As VCDS will only clear the light if the ‘fault’ is no longer present.

Yeah rs4 seats come with an oem resistor circuit built into the loom, it looks like it has airbags as has a yellow plug which most people denote as airbag present, but some unwinding of the loom tape shows the truth behind audi's mind, so maybe its either just cause been unplugged or someone has tampered with internal plugs/wiring.

Ok, cheers all - I've spoken to dannykn9 and he's going to help me out this week.

I think it's just a case of checking all the plugs are securely located and then clearing the fault code. I think we must have switched the ignition on with the seats out. Either that or it was when we switched the steering wheel over... or when I drove with the glovebox out & some cabling disconnected!

Need to get it plugged in to see which it's likely to be :)