B5 spring perch/seat confirmation

ajax1976

Reaction score
Hi,

Had my spring perches sitting in the garage for a few months now and decided tomorrow could be the day. Before I go any further though can anyone confirm that I have the right ones. I had the wheel off the other day and the ones I have don't look that different to the ones already on the car.
The first picture looks exactly like the ones I have, part no 8DO 412 066F. When I googled for pictures of B5 spring perches the 2nd picture came up as well. It obviously looks different but I can see why it lowers the 15mm unlike the ones I have.
Can anyone confirm if I have the right or wrong ones?

40428_x600_zpsd0d431e9.jpg

8d0412103b1_zps3dbc3417.jpg

Alan

When I did mine they were the same as the 2nd picture, but the first picture looks to me as though it is the same object as in the 2nd but with the spring mount fitted, also the originals on mine were an aluminium colour. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, I'm definitely starting to think now I've bought the wrong thing. The 2nd picture to me looks like it would lower the extra 15mm as its a looks to have a lot more depth from where it sits on the shock and where the spring actually sits on it as compared to the one in the first picture.
I got the part numbers from a thread on here that a guy called Macdoon had posted them,
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/167578-b5-lower-spring-perch-plate.html
I stupidly never read the rest of the thread as there's a guy who used the same numbers and fitted them then discovered his car is no lower.
I'll need to do some more research for the correct numbers. Glad I double checked before I started tearing bits off my car, Thanks again Alan

Not sure what that one is as it's not the same as the ones I removed from my B7, looks all together different and its not the one that your looking for.
The part number you quote 8D0 412 103 B is i think correct, bought mine from dealer at about £15 each. Its worth doing some preparatory work before fitting as normally its difficult to get the pinch bolt out that holds both top ball joints in place and once you've removed that it's sometimes difficult to remove the ball ball joints from the uprights. Don't be tempted to spread the slots, its not advised by Audi, soak everything and be patient, also worth getting new bolts and nuts. Then rebuild with plenty of anti seize compound.

Not sure what that one is as it's not the same as the ones I removed from my B7, looks all together different and its not the one that your looking for.
The part number you quote 8D0 412 103 B is i think correct, bought mine from dealer at about £15 each. Its worth doing some preparatory work before fitting as normally its difficult to get the pinch bolt out that holds both top ball joints in place and once you've removed that it's sometimes difficult to remove the ball ball joints from the uprights. Don't be tempted to spread the slots, its not advised by Audi, soak everything and be patient, also worth getting new bolts and nuts. Then rebuild with plenty of anti seize compound.

Thanks for the tips, had them off a month or so ago for my springs so hoping they'll play ball again. I'll pop into Audi on Monday and order the new ones and bolts, hopefully the right ones this time!!
You're right in that they look different to the ones I have on my car at the moment, sure the ones I have are cast aluminium but it was the dimensions that got me thinking. Just couldn't workout how the ones I'd previously bought could lower as the dimensions looked identical even though the part looked slightly different to the ones fitted.
Anyway, I'll update the other thread that led me astray once I have the new ones fitted to save others the hassle and cost of buying the wrong thing.

Thanks for all your help!!

Just an update, fitted the right perches today (8D0 4121 03B) and they did lower by 15mm, happy days!!

MAGIC!!!!!!!!!....................Great Info....

Are these perches Dealer only or is it something you can get from GSF ect????

Are these steel or alloy? As if i did decide to go for this mod, then i'd want them powdercoated.

Alan.....

How long a job is it to fit these out of interest????

Also, I assume they are ok to fit with standard S-Line suspention???.........

Are these steel or alloy? As if i did decide to go for this mod, then i'd want them powdercoated.

B5 perches are steel mate, my originals were aluminium

Alan.....

How long a job is it to fit these out of interest????

Also, I assume they are ok to fit with standard S-Line suspention???.........

I spent 2hrs yesterday freeing off my pinch bolts as they are notoriously hard to get out and checking over what I wanted to do, didn't want to get one side done then struggle or not manage to get the other side done.
Today it probably took me 4hrs with plenty of tea breaks and lunch.

MAGIC!!!!!!!!!....................Great Info....

Are these perches Dealer only or is it something you can get from GSF ect????

Dealer or TPS, think you'll struggle to get them elsewhere.

Found cheap pinch bolts on Ebay just in case yours don't come out whole, Worth buying purely as a back up.
AUDI A4 TOP ARM SUSPENSION REPAIR BOLT KIT (PAIR) INC WASHERS AND LOCKNUTS | eBay

Resurrecting an old thread in the hope someone can help me...

I've just purchased bilstien b12 pro kit and it looks like I need to re use my original spring insulators on the front shocks. I wanted to buy new ones but looks like audi only sell these with the with perches as a set, the part number ive found is 8e0 412 066 b. Does anyone know if I can buy the insulators separately and if so what the part number is?

Thanks steve

This is the perch supplied with bilstien kit, I assume the insulator needs to sit on top of it

And this is the excellent (not!) instructions from bilstien which make it appear that they supply a replacement spring insulator but there isn't one with my kit.

Where did you get the b5 perches from?

I didn't, they're not b5 perches. But if I were to get some it would have been dealers