Need replacement turbo - does anyone know a good company? (A4 TDI)

SnakeOilDirect

Reaction score
Hello,

I need a replacement turbo, second hand or refurb would be ideal. Does anyone have any recommendations or know and companies that can supply a turbo?

Part Numbers:
03G145702H
115104710 00025

Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 TDI 2007

why dont you have your turbo refurbed ?
if you search the net you will find quite a few that supply new and refurbed or will refurb your own

why dont you have your turbo refurbed ?
if you search the net you will find quite a few that supply new and refurbed or will refurb your own

Not sure what happened to mine, it died after my oil pump went. I'm getting my car part exchanged so I want to do it as soon as possible and the garage is pressuring me to get it repaired so they can take it as part exchange.

​Have a search in the classifieds section. :) x

send it to midland turbo they will refurb fast they arange pick up and return
will save you a few £££ to have your own done.

send it to midland turbo they will refurb fast they arange pick up and return
will save you a few £££ to have your own done.

I have emailed them, the problem is everyone is on holiday including mechanics. I'm having trouble finding any at a decent price, there's one for sale on eBay that's £330 but it will take a few weeks to be delivered as it's from Germany and the garage is pressuring me to get it fixed but I'm pretty limited to what I can do because everyone is on holiday.

Tell them they have to wait. It's the holiday season so how can they expect you to sort it out that fast.

Hi mate just had mine done by turbo clinic in leeds great blokes realy know the bis the referb is normaly bout 320 but i got a uprated billet ally compresor whedl included so mine was about 420 they were recomended to me you can get it done cheaper but a lot use ****e jap parts and as they will tell you they refuse to use them hope this helps

Reactions: Baza1819
Midland turbo. Turbo technics. All very good. Don't buy one from euro car parts etc

Thats a good price & being upgraded turbo for £420 !
yeh I was happy with that mate still had to pay for removal and refitting on top but turbo clinic will remove and refit after refurb for about £150 he said but I live to far away so just used there collect and return service was gutted I just had the car serviced the week before and had to do another oil and filter service upon refitting so my £40 worth of oil went in the workshop oil burner all sweet now tho remap on the 3rd jan

Am getting mine mapped in the morning, just had my dpf removed !
Looking fwd 2 the extra umph !
Mines 170 standard but its always a worry incase i'm pushing the turbo too much !

That's why I got mine refurbd it hadn't gone it just had a little whine to it and if pushed hard threw a over boost code and limp mode the variable turbo vines will have been car boned up so instead of cleaning them as the car has 110.000 miles on original turbo and wanting to remap I thought I'd get it sorted for piece of mind eh

Mines about to hit 99k, might think about getting mine done > see how it goes over the next few weeks ?

Mines about to hit 99k, might think about getting mine done > see how it goes over the next few weeks ?
Well if it sounds ok mate and no over boost codes should be ok just a bit of caution wid me mate its a messy business when they blow and turbo clinic reported bent shaft in mine so did right eh

Well I had mine on vag com & gave it a full scan with no errors at all > happy days !! :yahoo:

How's ya motor now southylad ??
Did ya get turbo done & map it ?
Let me know pal........

Turbo done mate awesome gti map and egr delete running sweet a lot quicker mate

Egr delete ?
My egr cooler is knackered, so ya can just delete it ??

Egr delete ?
My egr cooler is knackered, so ya can just delete it ??

Not the cooler. The valve

I had mine deleted by Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev Top bloke and great service.

once the EGR is deleted buy some blanking plates and blank the EGR off and bypass the cooler. I removed mine on my old car as they are prone to leak

---------------------------------------------------------------------
when replacing the turbo replace the oil feed pipe as well! (they are like £30 or £35) also check the oil return pipe. a oil and oil filter service is required to keep your warranty for your new turbo.

to remap the EGR valve out and bypass the EGR cooler ? I know when they go wrong they are expensive thats why I had mine mapped out. your best contacting Rick for a price.

My cooler is suspected to be fooled, going in on Thursday for a diagnosis - if so that might be the cheaper option > plus my heaters inside the car are very poor ?

So it may not be cooler > unless someone has a better idea ?

well if it is the cooler they can bypass it there are 2 rubber pipes get them to link them together with hose joiner and cutting the pipe back to bypass the EGR cooler. then if that solves the problem you will need to remap the EGR out of it and remove the cooler.

if the EGR cooler is leaking then you will loose boost as exhaust gasses are escaping through the cooler into the cooling system.

I would remove it regardless. once the EGR is mapped out you will still have to keep it connected but you will need to fit a blanking plate that Rick will do I think. my EGR cooler went and it was about £200 for a quote. and the EGR valve is about £200 just to buy.