couple of questions. vanity mirrors/Bluetooth

tuffy

Reaction score
Picked my 06 2.0 Tdi 170 avant up this morning. I just have a couple of questions...... Both drivers a passengers side vanity mirrors dont illuminate when the covers are slid back, have checked fuses, thought maybe bulbs but deemed it unlikely both would have blown
Anyone any ideas??

I also have bluetooth phone prep in the car which i have paired with my IPhone, does anyone know if i can play the music i have stored on my phone via the bluetooth? or will it only make and recieve calls??

Thanks and merry christmas

Oh by the way.....Its booked in straight after xmas to have the balance shaft inspected/replaced!

Last edited:
I also have bluetooth phone prep in the car which i have paired with my IPhone, does anyone know if i can play the music i have stored on my phone via the bluetooth? or will it only make and recieve calls??
Only make and receive calls - it's a very low bandwidth mono connection (so the quality is just adequate for speech), and doesn't support A2DP.

Hi

Bluetooth is only to make and receive calls.

Thanks guys..... Anyone any ideas on the non illuminating mirrors???

Also if i have vanity mirrors......Should i have footwell lights????

Last edited:
Thanks guys..... Anyone any ideas on the non illuminating mirrors???

Also if i have vanity mirrors......Should i have footwell lights????

Mine don't illuminate either. I've had four A4s (two B5s and a B6 before this one) and this is the first one not have them. I think it was a cost-cutting measure.

Mine don't illuminate either. I've had four A4s (two B5s and a B6 before this one) and this is the first one not have them. I think it was a cost-cutting measure.

****** me! ive been messing round with them all ****** day!!