Rolling road results - I am delighted

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Just back from Sanspeed with a print-out of my power test. They did three runs, with the third producing the best results.

Outputs are 255bhp (up from 229bhp stock)at 3950rpm and 384 lb/ft (up from 332 lb/ft stock) at 2200rpm. Looking at the torque curve in particular, it's above 380 lb/ft between 1900rpm and 2900rpm.

Considering that this was an economy remap, I am very happy with those figures.

Should have gone for a power remap, 9 times out of 10 they deliver just as good fuel economy as the "economy" map yet you have more power at the wheels. Drive it in the same style as before and you won't see any major difference in fuel consumption ! If you happy then that's all that matter !

Should have gone for a power remap, 9 times out of 10 they deliver just as good fuel economy as the "economy" map yet you have more power at the wheels. Drive it in the same style as before and you won't see any major difference in fuel consumption ! If you happy then that's all that matter !

No I shouldn't. I had the choice between the two, and I chose the one I wanted.

Heheheh! Sanspeed is the name of the garage.

same rules apply

i had a standard 1.2i nova on a magazine rolling road day, it made 53bhp (stock is 45) everyone was well chuffed with high figures from almost standard cars

P1000368

No I shouldn't. I had the choice between the two, and I chose the one I wanted.
You are a grumpy old man, if you wanted fuel economy then you should have bought a micra! I bet you are the type that drives 50 mph on motorway just to save the planet !
I am old enough to know that economy remaps are just bull and a performance map delivers just as much fuel economy as long as you keep your foot light on the loud pedal...can't have more power with less fuel, it's physics, no matter what they tell you !

You are a grumpy old man, if you wanted fuel economy then you should have bought a micra! I bet you are the type that drives 50 mph on motorway just to save the planet !
I am old enough to know that economy remaps are just bull and a performance map delivers just as much fuel economy as long as you keep your foot light on the loud pedal...can't have more power with less fuel, it's physics, no matter what they tell you !

And yet you're not old enough to recognise the difference between saying what you would do - which is perfectly legitimate - and telling someone else about whom you know nothing what they should do - which is not.

Nor are you able to accept an apology with the good grace with which it was offered.

lol nice bit of tension there.end of the day no matter what remap you get its always going to be an improvement on stock and if you have had work done with the company who do the remap and have been happy then you cant go wrong.
that is quite a difference jeff you must be happy.looking at getting mines done as you really can see a difference.Thanks again for sending that brochure aswell got my colour matched on my seats,just need to get them installed now lol