Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

Rolling road results - I am delighted

Just back from Sanspeed with a print-out of my power test. They did three runs, with the third producing the best results.

Outputs are 255bhp (up from 229bhp stock)at 3950rpm and 384 lb/ft (up from 332 lb/ft stock) at 2200rpm. Looking at the torque curve in particular, it's above 380 lb/ft between 1900rpm and 2900rpm.

Considering that this was an economy remap, I am very happy with those figures.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Should have gone for a power remap, 9 times out of 10 they deliver just as good fuel economy as the "economy" map yet you have more power at the wheels. Drive it in the same style as before and you won't see any major difference in fuel consumption ! If you happy then that's all that matter !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Should have gone for a power remap, 9 times out of 10 they deliver just as good fuel economy as the "economy" map yet you have more power at the wheels. Drive it in the same style as before and you won't see any major difference in fuel consumption ! If you happy then that's all that matter !
    No I shouldn't. I had the choice between the two, and I chose the one I wanted.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    That told you !!!!
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

5th Gear

Status
    any rr with speed in the name take off 10% for bull****ting
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    any rr with speed in the name take off 10% for bull****ting
    Heheheh! Sanspeed is the name of the garage.

5th Gear

Status
    Heheheh! Sanspeed is the name of the garage.
    same rules apply

i had a standard 1.2i nova on a magazine rolling road day, it made 53bhp (stock is 45) everyone was well chuffed with high figures from almost standard cars
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    same rules apply

i had a standard 1.2i nova on a magazine rolling road day, it made 53bhp (stock is 45) everyone was well chuffed with high figures from almost standard cars
    Bubble-burster!

Grumpy Old Man

Status

6th Gear

Status
    You are a grumpy old man, if you wanted fuel economy then you should have bought a micra! I bet you are the type that drives 50 mph on motorway just to save the planet !
    I am old enough to know that economy remaps are just bull and a performance map delivers just as much fuel economy as long as you keep your foot light on the loud pedal...can't have more power with less fuel, it's physics, no matter what they tell you !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    You are a grumpy old man, if you wanted fuel economy then you should have bought a micra! I bet you are the type that drives 50 mph on motorway just to save the planet !
    I am old enough to know that economy remaps are just bull and a performance map delivers just as much fuel economy as long as you keep your foot light on the loud pedal...can't have more power with less fuel, it's physics, no matter what they tell you !
    And yet you're not old enough to recognise the difference between saying what you would do - which is perfectly legitimate - and telling someone else about whom you know nothing what they should do - which is not.

Nor are you able to accept an apology with the good grace with which it was offered.

1st Gear

Status
    lol nice bit of tension there.end of the day no matter what remap you get its always going to be an improvement on stock and if you have had work done with the company who do the remap and have been happy then you cant go wrong.
    that is quite a difference jeff you must be happy.looking at getting mines done as you really can see a difference.Thanks again for sending that brochure aswell got my colour matched on my seats,just need to get them installed now lol