need help removing back seats

bizzab7

Reaction score
Hi guys i have a 57 plate audi a4 s line saloon and am looking to change the seats from cloth to leather.tried today and got the bottom section off no bother but couldnt for the life of me get the upright section off.had a look at the new ones and i would imagine they clip on around the headrest area but dont have a clue how to get into it.
If yous have any info it would be greatly appreciated.swapped seats on split folding rear seats before and it was so easy but audi seem to like to make things hards

The only way I know of is to stick a long screwdriver down the headrest guides and snap them out. You'll have to buy new ones to replace them.

think i am going to have to do that.rediculous that thats what you have to do to get them off.audi really are con merchants

You dont have to snap them. With a not too wide flat head you can push the tabs in and slide the headrest guide out......done it many times.

too late they are snapped lol.was just dying to get them out

but now i have them out i will be able to get them out no bother next time seeing how they go in

You can modify the new guides so they are easier to remove again.

If you look at the bottom of the guides, add another slot (hack saw), to make three slots of the same size/distance from each other.

This will allow it to pull-out much more easily in future.

This won't affect the security of the guides as with the headrest posts in place, the clips have nowhere to go.

G.