Chris NottVolks Autos

View Poll Results: Joey (Clear Lenses) or Tango (Orange Lenses)

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clear/Joey

6 100.00%
  • Orange/Tango

0 0%
    Tiptronic

Status

Waxed for Christmas & To Joey or Tango?

Just washed & waxed before the Christmas holls... still hankering after a correctional detail but still shiny

Also recieved my new headlights from FK yesterday... Waiting for HIDs & LEDs for the angel eyes to arrive before fitting, but can't decide whether or not to remove the orange idicator lenses? Not sure if the orange actually looks better (that clear) against the dark green paintwork...? What do you guys think??

Last edited by jjmurphy21187; 15th December 2012 at 15:59.

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Definately de-tango, it will look perfect imo
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

VAG Addict

Status
    Think the orange helps make those aftermarket ones look a bit more OE... Can't say I'd connect up the angel eyes though - they only belong on BMWs
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I quite like the silver version,but as said without the angel eyes connected.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

4th Gear

Status
    De tango looks upto date
    Torque the Torque

Tiptronic

Status
    Will attempt to remove the lenses one evening this week then. I'm only planning on using one of the rings either side, seen that before and thought it looked a bit different to the A5 style light (which I don't like) or the 'starline' headlights (curved LED strip) which don't fit with the B7 line quite right.

Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

Neutral

Status
    Car looks great! Lovely colour!
    For me, i think it will look better de-tango'ed. Might be worth trying to remove the ring your not going to use? May not leave many holes behind it?
    I was thinking of purchasing these headlights, but I'd want to remove the rings :-(

Tiptronic

Status

I'm going to have a go at taking the units apart one evening this week and remove the orange lenses. I don't think the rings are removable, but I'm going to try it with just the bulbs in the ring around the dipped beam, see how it looks...

Neutral

Status
    Sounds good, you will have to let me how it goes!

Neutral

Status
    Glad you're de=tangoing.

PS lovely colour of car!

5th Gear

Status
    +1 On the colour like.....German racing green? hahaha quite unusual colour up here anyway. Undecidied on the tango debate...Good luck and keep us posted.

BR
    A

Tiptronic

Status
    Known as Cambridge Green as far as I can recall, although in German it's something else. British Racing Green isn't far off...

Have to make an effort to keep it clean or it looks black!