AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Lingering revs

Reverse Gear

Status

Lingering revs

Hi all,

New to the forum. Bought my B7 A4 2.0TFSI Quattro about a week ago.

Being reading up on this forum ever since.

I read something about lingering revs but cannot for the life in me find the thread again.

When sat at idle, if I were to tap the accelerator to about 2000rpm, the revs hold for a second or two instead of dropping straight back to idle. It seems to be especially apparent when the engine is cold.

Can anyone confirm this as an issue or is it normal?

Thanks,
    Adam.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Could be a dirty throttle body. The internal flap may be sticking. Worth a go as you can do it yourself. Even better would be to have it scanned.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks.

You reckon that could also be a reason for lack of throttle responsiveness? As some times when accelerating it doesn't seem to register until a half press of the throttle.

Neutral

Status
    I had a petrol turbo golf and you'd be supprised at the amount of crap that can build up. Liberal amounts of carb cleaner got it all clean. But it may also be worth your while having it scanned. Perhaps a good injector cleaner to clean you system out too. To clean the throttle body out will only cost you a can of carb cleaner if you are handy with the tools.

1st Gear

Status
    whats the mileage? could be a flywheel issue... ?

my S4's started to do this a bit.. is really annoying. i just figured with 60k on the clock, that i may be up for a clutch and flywheel at the same time

ive got my eye on a JHM lightweight jobbie

JHM Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo for 04 and up B6-B7 S4 - JH Motorsports Inc. - -- JHM.

goose
    Last edited by g00se; 14th December 2012 at 12:00.
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

Neutral

Status
    Depending on how you drive your car the clutch and flywheel should last longer than that.

Reverse Gear

Status

Thumbs up

Mines done 64k. TBH the clutch doesn't feel / sound to be doing anything it shouldn't. I normally drive fairly steady since I am trying to figure out what MPG I can get out of it. But obviously given a bit of a chance I do get the foot down.

I only notice the lack of responsiveness when in neutral. Some times it responds immeadiately as I would expect, other times it is half press accelerator.

Only noticed whilst queing down the M1 on the way home from work.

I'll try have a look at it this weekend with a tin of carb cleaner. And check the PCV and DV while I am at it.

Thanks for your help.

1st Gear

Status
    Mine has always done this, I was told it's an "anti stall" system!! it made sense to me...

Reverse Gear

Status
    I also have this in a 56 2.0 TFSi seems strange

5th Gear

Status

Re: Lingering revs

Had this on my old one. Was carbon build up on the throttle body, £100 later and problem went.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior