Lingering revs

taxi_adam

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum. Bought my B7 A4 2.0TFSI Quattro about a week ago.

Being reading up on this forum ever since.

I read something about lingering revs but cannot for the life in me find the thread again.

When sat at idle, if I were to tap the accelerator to about 2000rpm, the revs hold for a second or two instead of dropping straight back to idle. It seems to be especially apparent when the engine is cold.

Can anyone confirm this as an issue or is it normal?

Thanks,
Adam.

Could be a dirty throttle body. The internal flap may be sticking. Worth a go as you can do it yourself. Even better would be to have it scanned.

Thanks.

You reckon that could also be a reason for lack of throttle responsiveness? As some times when accelerating it doesn't seem to register until a half press of the throttle.

I had a petrol turbo golf and you'd be supprised at the amount of crap that can build up. Liberal amounts of carb cleaner got it all clean. But it may also be worth your while having it scanned. Perhaps a good injector cleaner to clean you system out too. To clean the throttle body out will only cost you a can of carb cleaner if you are handy with the tools.

Depending on how you drive your car the clutch and flywheel should last longer than that.

Mines done 64k. TBH the clutch doesn't feel / sound to be doing anything it shouldn't. I normally drive fairly steady since I am trying to figure out what MPG I can get out of it. But obviously given a bit of a chance I do get the foot down.

I only notice the lack of responsiveness when in neutral. Some times it responds immeadiately as I would expect, other times it is half press accelerator.

Only noticed whilst queing down the M1 on the way home from work.

I'll try have a look at it this weekend with a tin of carb cleaner. And check the PCV and DV while I am at it.

Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

Mine has always done this, I was told it's an "anti stall" system!! it made sense to me...

I also have this in a 56 2.0 TFSi seems strange