Heated washer jets....

John@mk

Reaction score
Might be a daft question but are the jets only heated when the heated rear screen is put on ....

Plus my rear quater windows have what looks like heated orange lines , the same as the rear screen.... But are they heated or not....

Thanks guys for your advice.... And Happy Christmas to all...

Plus my rear quarter windows have what looks like heated orange lines , the same as the rear screen.... But are they heated or not....

Mine have the same, but have never worked, maybe its an option to have the switch fitted, and knowing Audi it will be around £400.

If your car is an Avant, then the orange elements on the rear side windows are the radio aerial. Not sure about the heated washer jets. Have you checked your user manual?

Might be a daft question but are the jets only heated when the heated rear screen is put on ....

Page 82 of the owner's manual: "The windscreen washer jets are heated when the ignition is switched on."

It's not a daft question, but it is one you could have answered yourself with a little bit of thought.

thanks jdp1962 for pointing that out ( its actually on page 81 in my manual ) so does this mean that they are heated all year round..... or would they cut off via some sort of switch to guard against overheating, just a thought,

cheers,