brake lights stuck on?// !

CHEZ

moderately amusing
Supporter
Reaction score
hi there!
got a slight problem regarding the barge!
i have not used the car at all today, and its been in the garage since yesterday.
just been into the garage to get some refreshing beers out of the fridge and noticed that there was a red glow coming from under the garage door.
opened the garage door to see the brake lights were stuck on! :keule:
and i dont know how long they had been like that!
so to be on the safe side i started the engine to see if it would, and to put a bit of charge back in the battery.
it did so ok on that score.
i noticed this problem a couple of weeks ago when scraping ice off the windows, gave the brake pedal a bit of a dab and the brake lights went off! so just dismissed this as something frozen.
so now when i noticed it this evening in the garage with no ice about i am starting to worry a bit, as i dont want to get stranded with a flat battery somewhere!
so if any of you guys can offer some advise on this intermittent problem i will be mucho grateful!
i dont have vcds and hoping its a common quick fix like a sensor or switch maybe!
thanks in advance, chez!

​Hopefully its something really simple Chez and you get it sorted out quickly. :) x

you need a new brake light switch
easy to change and not a lot of £££ use OEM
its on the brake pedle at the top
so lower dash panel needs to be removed
to turn them off for now unplug the switch or its gona kill the batt.

aah! nice one bez!
i was hoping it would be something simple like that!
i keep going out every hour and checking it and it seems to be ok!
looks like a trip to TPS tomorrow it is then!
is there any guides on how to do this do you know?

no guide i know of maybe 1 on here somewhere or google
but its very easy

its ok mate all sorted!
£10.30 or something from TPS and found a guide on here and your right, was a 10 minute job and a doddle!
all is good! :yes:

Last edited:
Glad you sorted it