JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel

B7 Rear Lights Variations

Anybody know if there is any variations between the B7 rear lights i.e. SE vs S-Line?

I'm looking for a right rear replacement for my S-Line saloon as its tinted (for some strange reason) and don't want to end up getting the wrong part.

Thanks in advance,

Azeem.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    I don't think so... but then that's not the most helpful comment

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Welsh Audi Nut

Status

B7 Rear Lights Variations

Im sure if read somewhere that avant and saloon rear lights are a different size to each other.but dont quote me on that tho!
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    Im sure if read somewhere that avant and saloon rear lights are a different size to each other.but dont quote me on that tho!
    Yes, this is correct. Saloon, Avant and Cabriolet lights are all different from one another. I was mainly concerned about variations within these i.e. S-Line vs SE vs Sport etc.

~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Anybody know if there is any variations between the B7 rear lights i.e. SE vs S-Line?

I'm looking for a right rear replacement for my S-Line saloon as its tinted (for some strange reason) and don't want to end up getting the wrong part.

Thanks in advance,

Azeem.
    This happened to me on a previous vag group car, turns out the light was not fully sealed and the diesel soot was getting into the light making it dark as if I tinted the lens.

I removed it, soaked it in a basin with hot water and ssome alloy wheel cleaner for an hour then left it to dry, then put some superglue around the seal and it gave no trouble after that.

Tiptronic

Status
    Also FK have a sale on at the minute, could treat yourself to some LED ones for £140 odd...

Tuning FK Automotive | Search - a4 8e rear lights | purchase online

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by claudefrog View Post
    This happened to me on a previous vag group car, turns out the light was not fully sealed and the diesel soot was getting into the light making it dark as if I tinted the lens.

I removed it, soaked it in a basin with hot water and ssome alloy wheel cleaner for an hour then left it to dry, then put some superglue around the seal and it gave no trouble after that.
    Do you mean the seal around the light lens or the seal between the light and the body? Seems strange for something like this to happen but I suppose it could well be worth a shot.

Thanks!

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy21187 View Post
    Also FK have a sale on at the minute, could treat yourself to some LED ones for £140 odd...

Tuning FK Automotive | Search - a4 8e rear lights | purchase online
    I was looking to get these but can't seem to find them on sale on the FK website and decided to stick with stock after getting the opinion of others on the forum.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Do you mean the seal around the light lens or the seal between the light and the body? Seems strange for something like this to happen but I suppose it could well be worth a shot.

Thanks!
    it was the seal where the lens is glued to the back housing of the light, if you remove the tail lamp completely and look at the plastic join you might be able to see a gap, how I found where it was leaking was when i lifted it out of the basin of water and the water run out of the lamp where it was not sealed correctly, would also explain the small flies that ended up in the light also.