Audi A4 (B7) S-Line TDI - Oil Pressure Warning, No Power, Turbo? on M25...!!

On the way to part exchange it for my new mercades the turbo just blew up and re-enacted the afghanistan invasion in smoke, merc wont accept it now until i get it repaired and the part is £1000+ God I cannot honestly believe this car. Thank god for my AA breakdown cover I've spent more time this month being towed by an AA van than driving my Audi.

You told us yesterday you'd paid £1,600 to get the car repaired, and that the turbocharger was damaged but not dead. Does that mean you were planning to part-exchange without disclosing to the garage that you knew it had a potentially faulty turbocharger?

You told us yesterday you'd paid £1,600 to get the car repaired, and that the turbocharger was damaged but not dead. Does that mean you were planning to part-exchange without disclosing to the garage that you knew it had a potentially faulty turbocharger?

No the garage has been fully aware and helpful even waited for the initial repairs they were aware of the "worn" turbo. This is making me sick the amount of money that is having to be thrown at this car. Regardless I'm going to have to pay another £1000 to fix the turbo I'm pretty ****** at this whole ordeal.

I'm also having trouble finding a garage to repair the car before new year so mercades agreed to hold it till after christmas

No the garage has been fully aware and helpful even waited for the initial repairs they were aware of the "worn" turbo. This is making me sick the amount of money that is having to be thrown at this car. Regardless I'm going to have to pay another £1000 to fix the turbo I'm pretty ****** at this whole ordeal.

Fair dos. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the car at auction? I only ask because the main reason to buy at auction is to pay well under the typical forecourt price. I don't how much you might have saved, but it's possible that your auction price plus the cost of the repairs just about breaks even with the forecourt price. Even if it doesn't, at least you now know the car has a new oil pump assembly and a new turbo.

Last edited:
From what I have read or been told, most of the cases result in a blown turbo... You must have known this! Why did you not get it changed at the time of repair?

My local indi Vag garage has pretty much said that if it goes then it will be a new turbo too, and from reading on the net then I have no reason to doubt him