MOT + New discs

rowdyboy

Reaction score
Yet another MOT sailed straight through, not bad for a car with 136k on it. It's the best car I've had by a long way......except for it needs yet another set of tyres !!!! I could have paid for another car with the money I've spent over the past 5 years of ownership.
I plumped for some Vredesteins, got them for £105 each which I'm well pleased with, my local fitter wanted £175 a corner!!!!

It's also time to bite the bullet and change the absolutely crap Mtec discs that have only been on a couple of months.
Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at the best part of £200 for any of the big names, Brembo, EBC etc.

Why are the mtec's crap? Thought they had good reviews?

The major problem is the warped after about 2 weeks, even though I bedded them in properly. No excessive braking but from motorway speeds the wheel nearly comes out of my hand. When they get warm it's the same. I've had them off 4-5 times now and made sure the hubs are spotless before fitting.
Also, I know it's a little thing but they don't have a locating screw hole, so it's a bit awkward when putting the wheels back on. Would it really be that difficult to drill one???

The reviews on here are good but search the wider web and you'll see plenty of bad ones. I know a few guys on here use them and are impressed.

There's got to be a reason they're half the price of most of the other, similar discs.

I got some ATE discs and pads a few weeks ago, they are just plain but do feel fine.