ABT B7 Avant kit fitted

Molnboman

Reaction score
Just incase anyone was curious, just wanted to show you the results of the fitting of an ABT kit onto an SE Prosport Avant. Pleasantly surprised.The front bumper will need to come off again to replace the badge ( it's broken as well as wonky and I am not happy with that ) and also I need to Plastidip all the red painted plastic behind the grill .....you can see it, if you are right up close, but hardly noticeable. Didn't go for the rear spoiler as I think it's a bit too much, so just had the lower trim sprayed. Still have to apply all the badges too...but it's -6c ootside! Also, not sure about blackening the grill chrome just yet....the matt chrome effect actually compliments the milky chrome window trim and rails at the moment! Next....window tinting, carbon wrap interior trim, window shopping for summer
alloys...Apologies for 16" winter wheels and bonnet bra...fugly but effective for all the sh@te they put on the roads here in the winter....and £600 cheaper than a new windscreen...I had three windscreens replaced in 3 years on my last car......Just wish I had done all this lark in the Summer!
Crappy pics but it is Winter here!!
Cheers
A
http://imageshack.us/a/img14/9931/abt006.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img689/8471/abt007.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img687/4730/abt008.jpg

Quote "bet you had fun fitting that !"

I wouldn't have had the patience to open the box their delivered in!!....aye, it was apparently "entertaining" to say the least!

BR
A

I like that kit, its a shame they dont do a rear diffuser to lower the back slightly.

I like that kit, its a shame they dont do a rear diffuser to lower the back slightly.
& Quote "Not sure about the kit but the colour is great ,looking at the hofle kit for mine ,maybe." Andy

They do a back lower diffuser but it's a wee bit too " need for speed" for my liking and you have to use and weld on their twin exhaust pipes as it apparently can't be used with the standard exhaust tips on the SE....and Andy, I would have loved the Hofele kit too Matey....but that's over 2 grand where as the ABT and the "knock off honeycomb "grill was £550 complete, excluding paint and fitting...and I was working to a strict budget.

Let me get the finishing touches sorted and some half decent pics..and see how it looks from there.

Cheers
A

Last edited:
where are the ABT rims?
perhaps you have winter rims on now?

Yes, correct they are my Winter wheels ( Goodyear spiked 16's on cheap ItalIan rims) in Swedenshire no one gives a f*ck what your car looks like as long as it starts in the morning and get's you moving till the snow melts! hahaha.....still wondering about Summer wheel options....would like to buy the ABT 2005 - 2007 vintage alloys Genuine ABT Sportsline VW Audi 18" Alloy Wheel Set 8J X 18 ET 45 | eBay
Genuine ABT Sportsline VW Audi 18" Alloy Wheel Set 8.5J X 18 ET 35 | eBay I don't like them all that much but it would keep it looking the way it was intended. Second option is RS4 alloys or BBS CH or LM's....would be happy with anyone's thoughts....am in no hurry.....the snow is here till April! hahahaha
Cheers
A