My sline update

OCDetails

Reaction score
Website
www.ocdetails.co.uk
So I've been saving for a month to get some upgrades for my a4 sline, tomorrow (sat 1st 2012) I get a revo stage1 remap. (Looking at a 50bhp and 50-60lbft tq. :) £287inc VAT (current 20% off deal). My Christmas gift to my car ;).

I'm also awaiting time to get booked into a garage to get lowered on coilovers (b6 coilys but fit my b7) £100 5k wear on them.

Today I upgraded both front and rear interior lights to LED festoon bulbs, (need the very two front small reading lights to be changed though) any ideas where I can get them?

Also tomorrow I'm going to fit some switchback DRLs (unsure where I shall be mounting them as of yet).

over Christmas I'm going to decide on a tint % any ideas?

So I've been saving for a month to get some upgrades for my a4 sline, tomorrow (sat 1st 2012) I get a revo stage1 remap. (Looking at a 50bhp and 50-60lbft tq. :) £287inc VAT (current 20% off deal). My Christmas gift to my car ;).

I'm also awaiting time to get booked into a garage to get lowered on coilovers (b6 coilys but fit my b7) £100 5k wear on them.

Today I upgraded both front and rear interior lights to LED festoon bulbs, (need the very two front small reading lights to be changed though) any ideas where I can get them?

Also tomorrow I'm going to fit some switchback DRLs (unsure where I shall be mounting them as of yet).

over Christmas I'm going to decide on a tint % any ideas?

Jay, t8ups is the person to speak to about bulbs. Just drop him a pm and he will advise you. :) x

Ok so my a4 is now stage 1 remapped :) £287 well spent.

also I managed to fit my drl strips (just need to figure out which is the indicator power wire?) so when I indicate so do my drls :) (2nd LEDs orange). If anyone can post a pic of this wire would be good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 277
Is this a 2.0T? I'd love to get mine mapped but nervous about it as its done 85k :-s

id remove the drl's

+1 with Bez on the DRL's am afraid....am sorry, but IMHO if they are not original or close to original spec' I think it looks too obvious that they are not. If you understand what I mean!
I would like to replace my lights with some the aftermarket A4 look a likey's but I hear that they are not as bright as OEM's which would defeat the purpose up here.
Each to their own, however, and if you are happy with them, fair play to ya!....would like to hear more info on your stage 1 remap. Is it branded remap or what?...what's the differnce like over standard, and what's the mpg like....very interested to know further. BTW the colour of your car is the dog's....Lurvelly!
Cheers
A

Ahh I see, we'll this is just a temporary thing over winter as I've almost been taken out 3 times in the last month as my sidelights aren't exactly bright in the day. Now I've got these fixed up people are actually noticing I'm there more :s. summer time ill be looking at some r8 devil lights. But at a cost of £350 compared to the £35 I payed for the 2 strips. :) they also indicate too :)

The remap is from revo technik (LVS Lincoln), mpg changes as u drive as does the remap ( it learns as you drive so your not full bore 24/7) but if you want power it delivers :) 3rd gear spins up the wheels with traction on! Never did before even in the wet. It's all about how u drive it just adjusts accordingly :).

Mpt before map was 815miles (sensible driving)
mpt after remap unknown yet still got 3/4 of a tank left after 200 miles (booting it and cruising on a roads)

Jay

Keep us updated on the mpt and if it's an improvement or not...clearly, you are going to have an excited right foot in the first couple of weeks....but it would be great to know just how it compares to standard trim.
As for lights...that's a good call and you'll most certainly be seen. I think I had the same set on my old car. ( remote key fob?)

Cheers
A

Jay

Keep us updated on the mpt and if it's an improvement or not...clearly, you are going to have an excited right foot in the first couple of weeks....but it would be great to know just how it compares to standard trim.
As for lights...that's a good call and you'll most certainly be seen. I think I had the same set on my old car. ( remote key fob?)

Cheers
A

well I'd say I'm going to get about 760 -770mpt I've done 206.2 so far n the obc is estimating 560 left in the tank. So I'd say that's what 55-60mpg?

The drls I had to splice into the side light wires ( I drive 100 of the time with at least side lights on). Lighting is a last mod I want to do more interested in lowering and tints just to start feeling custom. I now have the power need the stance to match :).