Loss of power on startup any ideas??

bizzab7

Reaction score
Hi guys was just checking to see if anyone had any ideas about a problem im having.i have a 57 a4 1.9tdi sline and have a problem when i startup from cold.it doesnt start great but always 1st time but when i go to drive away unless i give it maximun revs it will just stall.if i leave the car to heat up then it is fine.not had a chance to measure my battery yet but was thinking it could either b that or spark plugs.Any help would b greatly appreciated

Hi guys was just checking to see if anyone had any ideas about a problem im having.i have a 57 a4 1.9tdi sline and have a problem when i startup from cold.it doesnt start great but always 1st time but when i go to drive away unless i give it maximun revs it will just stall.if i leave the car to heat up then it is fine.not had a chance to measure my battery yet but was thinking it could either b that or spark plugs.Any help would b greatly appreciated

I presume you mean glow plugs. Diesels don't have spark plugs. I'd suggest you start by having it scanned for faults.

yes sorry.was only posting this just incase someone had the same fault before and could narrow it down a little