In my car i have both an in car camera and GPS camera Detector.
I just plugged them both into the lighter socket as i normally do and my camera just popped (sparks flew out of it and it started to smoke)
I unplugged everything and just tested the camera on its on in the socket, it keeps turning on and off, so its either damaged or its the socket.
Now my question is, if this had blown the fuse then surely the camera would not be powered when i plug it in, but it seems to still draw power.
Does anyone know what this could be? as it still drawing power i am assuming its not the fuse, could it just be a fault with the lighter socket or possibly a short in the wiring?
Anyone know what i should check or how to check?