2.0 TDI PD 16V injector removal tool.

madstaff

Reaction score
Anyone used the tool that looks like this - Common Rail Diesel Injector Extractor For VW Audi TDI VAG | eBay

If so, how does it attach itself to the injector body to enable you to pull it out with the slide hammer??

I'm gonna have the No1 injector out my car to clean and replace the seals as the injection quantity deviation reading in Block 13 for cylinder 1 is reading considerably higher than the remaining 3 injectors.

Just amassing tools to do the job, bought an ultrasonic cleaner the other day so i can clean the nozzle whilst its out, and want to be prepared in case the injector is being stubborn and wont pull out out easily.

Thanks.

The two prongs go into where the bolts are that hold the injector in the head. Remove both bolts and the small nipple where the rocker acts on the injector. insert the prongs pull the tool up till you feel the barbs catch then wind the center down onto the top of the injector spring tighten up the lock nut attach slide hammer and remove.

Easy as that eh??

Does it damage the injector body in any way??

Was gonna arm myself with the tool just incase the injector i want to remove is being stubborn.

No damage to the injector is caused. They never tend to stick in the head tightly always come out fairly easy.