Armrest retrofit

THERMT

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive just got an armrest to fit to my S4. After reading previous threads I think I need a template to put over the center consol. So i dont have to remove it to cut the hole.

Can anyone help?

cheers ryan

Simple mate, make your own cardboard template by drawing around the outline of the base (not the bracket), then from that template, go in an inch or two so to make a smaller template and use that one.
The reason to use the smaller one is so there is room for the bracket to go through but the base of the armrest will cover the hole.
If unsure of size, then always go small first as you can always cut the hole bigger, but you are screwed if you start the hole bigger.
So no need to remove centre console mate.

Hi,

I retro-fitted a centre armrest last year. You can read the story in this link. Ignoring all the nonsense about the wrong colour, I think post number 5 is where I described how I cut out the hole without a template. You definitely don't need to remove the console, but you will need unbolt it at the back end to fit the bracket underneath where the armrest will go. If I remember correctly, you need to remove the rear ashtray and a couple of trim bits.

Yeah no need for template tbh, just look at the base of the armrest, should be fairly simple overall, done loads before.