JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigrich690

Thread: Winter wheels

3rd Gear

Status

Winter wheels

Thought id share a few pics of my winter wheels i put on this weekend, they are A5 wheels, wasnt too sure if theyd go on and fit well as they are ET29 and they're 8.5J wide and my car is lowered but they went on like a dream and sit beautifully in the arches, did have to go for a bit of stretch to maintain that clear arch smoothness so put some 225/40s on.

front.jpg

back.jpg

wide.JPG
    Audi A4 2.0TDi, Lowered on AP coilovers, Sat on 18" 3SDM 0.01, 9.5" rear and 8.5 front, RS6 custom front grill with carbon wrap suround, carbon wrapped door blades and rear defuser, de-tango'ed indicators, blacked out headlights and yellow fogs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Pretty smart for Winter wheels!

5th Gear

Status
    Far too posh for winter wheels....should be rusty as f*ck....and black steel 16's! hahahaha They look excellent Matey. Here's my studded Goodyear 16" winter jobs on my skanky Italian boots!

Drive Safe
    BR
    A

Neutral

Status
    They look really nice!

6th Gear

Status
    They sir really well in the arches Rich, spot on fella
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

5th Gear

Status
    nice winter set up there pal!

Tiptronic

Status
    I agree, nice! Too nice for winter wheels...

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers for the coments guys, yea i found them on the bay going cheap and had bought the tires for my previous 18"s and thought sod it, i'll see if these fit, turned out just right
    Audi A4 2.0TDi, Lowered on AP coilovers, Sat on 18" 3SDM 0.01, 9.5" rear and 8.5 front, RS6 custom front grill with carbon wrap suround, carbon wrapped door blades and rear defuser, de-tango'ed indicators, blacked out headlights and yellow fogs.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Far too posh for winter wheels....should be rusty as f*ck....and black steel 16's! hahahaha They look excellent Matey. Here's my studded Goodyear 16" winter jobs on my skanky Italian boots!

Drive Safe
    BR
    A
    at least they are still alloys lol bet your car is comfy as, could go offroading on them bad boys

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich690 View Post
    at least they are still alloys lol bet your car is comfy as, could go offroading on them bad boys
    Thanks Bigrich...You must have these on your car up here from 1st November till end of March...it da law!....I live in the armpit of no where so I need the studded verison ( Dubdeck ) to get up the hills and stuff when it's icey. If you are living in the City or Burbs most go for just the standard Winter boot called friction. Must say, after using them....if I lived back in the old country I would never think of driving in the cold months without them....amazing difference. Only hassle is I can't drive outside Denmark, Norway Finland and here with the studded versions. I have always used studded tyres since I moved here and on the A4, the drive is great and a lot quieter than I expected....only negative....not a drop of snow yet.....but only a matter of time up 'ere!
    This was last year to give you an idea...what it's like!

.......Still love those wheels on your car....think they really suit the car and make it look very tasty.....Nice one.
    Cheers
    A
    Last edited by Molnboman; 20th November 2012 at 16:52.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow rezulteo On Twitter Add rezulteo on Facebook
    Very nice! Great idea to have safety and style now that the chill has set in!
    All tyres for Audi and tyre news, advice, tests and comparisons on http://www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk
    Follow us on Twitter !
    Like our Facebook page !

3rd Gear

Status
    it just means im still gonna have to make time to cleaning them as they are dirty more or less imedietly after cleaning them lol

5th Gear

Status
    i found the same thing with my a5 17"'s on my a6, they fill the arches perfect

did you have to use spigot rings?
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Reverse Gear

Status
    hello everyone, newbie here

Can't help but comment on this nice pair of wheels! That's a damn good one you got there..

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    i found the same thing with my a5 17"'s on my a6, they fill the arches perfect

did you have to use spigot rings?
    yea had to get 66.5 - 57.1 but totally worth it

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjackson View Post
    hello everyone, newbie here

Can't help but comment on this nice pair of wheels! That's a damn good one you got there..
    cheers mate glad you like them, hopefully give you some insperation?
    davidjackson likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    it sure did i'm getting mine from ebay.de..not too much to spare..will post pics once installed..see ya!

Spooling

Status
    Thought id share a few pics of my winter wheels i put on this weekend, they are A5 wheels, wasnt too sure if theyd go on and fit well as they are ET29 and they're 8.5J wide and my car is lowered but they went on like a dream and sit beautifully in the arches, did have to go for a bit of stretch to maintain that clear arch smoothness so put some 225/40s on.

front.jpg

back.jpg

wide.JPG
    That looks like the car wash next to Tesco's in Garforth.

Nice wheels

Awesome GTI tuning this week!

Status
    Cheers for the coments guys, yea i found them on the bay going cheap and had bought the tires for my previous 18"s and thought sod it, i'll see if these fit, turned out just right
    Hi Rich

You bought these off me on Ebay!! Glad to see them fitted on such a nice car.

Alistair
    Last edited by Big Al; 19th December 2012 at 00:30.
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V.A.G.erbond View Post
    That looks like the car wash next to Tesco's in Garforth.

Nice wheels
    thats coz it is

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Hi Rich

You bought these off me on Ebay!! Glad to see them fitted on such a nice car.

Alistair
    haha, small world, they work a treat and still have them on, you sure did me a good deal

Spooling

Status
    thats coz it is
    you based near Garforth

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V.A.G.erbond View Post
    you based near Garforth
    Micklefield pal, so in and outta garforth quite abit