Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 133
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My S line so far...

  1. #81
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    I have et40 bud, tyres are 225/40! Fronts are fine rears poke but need camber adjusting. Hope this helps

    Alex

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #82
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    46
    cheers for the info pal. I think I'm gonna stick with 18s now, going to pre order some of the 3sdm 0.06's in 9.5J all round, just abit considered on the clearence on the rear, you running spacers?

    Also to be a massive pain in the arse, could you put up a pic of the stretch and a side profile of the car so I can see the poke!

    By the way keep it up, looks good so far mate

  4. #83
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Yeah I've seen those they look pretty awesome to be fair!
    No spacers just all alloy! No pics of stretch yet but can probably sort one for you.
    As for pics I've got these:





    Rear

  5. #84
    Golfedd's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    134
    clean looking man! nice

    Phantom A4 Build Thread

  6. #85
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    34

    My S line so far...

    Seems whopper has dissapered

  7. #86
    ukphillad's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    107
    Absolute dream car mate. Sorry if this question has been asked before, what colour is your B7? Mine is in Silver and really want the colour that you have
    Also, are you considering putting in Xenon or Bi-Xenon in the front?
    PPS. gorgeous car

  8. #87
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Dolphin grey bud, nope no plans to upgrade headlights, all the bulbs are updated and suit me fine! I do like the look of the DRL when they're on and working but not when there switched off and parked, they all look so aftermarket personally. So stock it is.

  9. #88
    ukphillad's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Dolphin grey bud, nope no plans to upgrade headlights, all the bulbs are updated and suit me fine! I do like the look of the DRL when they're on and working but not when there switched off and parked, they all look so aftermarket personally. So stock it is.
    Dolphin grey is such a gorgeous colour. Fantastic look mate, and the wheels just make it look superb. Yeah, I know what you mean with the aftermarket lights. But there is an option to retrofit so you just fit the projector into the current ones. I know retrofit lab do them if you're ever looking into that. Xenon projector, ballast, lamp - Retrofitlab :D

  10. #89
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Ah cool, I think I'm done to be fair, got an exhaust to fit at some point which I'm looking forward to except that I think I'm happy!!

  11. #90
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216

  12. #91
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Telford/Shropshire
    Posts
    297
    that car ,that stance,them wheels...
    simply awesome mate.
    job well done.

    2005silver A4 2.0T FSI quattro S-line (saloon)
    18'' alloys,RNS E,Silicone Tip,MTEC brakes,HEL steel braided brake lines,H&R springs (45mm)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html





  13. #92
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Cheers Tom

  14. #93
    Brodster's Avatar
    Shark Performance In Scotland

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    3,209

    My Social Networking

    Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Thats looking real nice mate....nice stance.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

  15. #94
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Need to update the pics to be fair but cheers guys

  16. #95
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
















  17. #96
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    126
    Looks very nice mate, how do you go about with the filler plate and your number plate? I want to purchase one and was thinking about putting magnets or something to keep the number plate on there

  18. #97
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Kinda pointless putting the plate on it to be honest, for the sake of 4 torx bits you may as well swap it over for shows/meets?

    But yeh failing that some magnets could work as a quick on/off solution

  19. #98
    AudiB7Jay's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    354
    guess you have the same problem as me ripping up cats eyes and scraping the under tray everywhere? or you taken it off?

  20. #99
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Only caught one cats eye so far lol under tray does catch most things but hope to get round to making one up for it

  21. #100
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Looks well that mate!! What have you lowered it on?

  22. #101
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    I wanted FK's but at the time no one had any in the uk and Germany had non ready so ended up with JOMs and I must say I'm pleased with how they ride, I do how ever think I have a squeaky shock so will look into that and take advantage of the 2 year warrantee!

  23. #102
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Um confused as to where this was taken ?

  24. #103
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    At the garage

  25. #104
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    I wanted FK's but at the time no one had any in the uk and Germany had non ready so ended up with JOMs and I must say I'm pleased with how they ride, I do how ever think I have a squeaky shock so will look into that and take advantage of the 2 year warrantee!
    ive had a few people tell me to avoid these as they are abit crashy etc, but your the second person to rate them. For the money it's worth a risk. I. Just always a little hesitant to buy cheap sometimes lol. But it looks the tits! What's it like when your pushing it on corners etc?

  26. #105
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    I don't really push it mate, tdi and its a big ol car to be fair, and the fact I'm on stretch tires too. Just all for looks. If you want a more performance based one I'd save up and spend abit more, these are fine for a low end coilovers but for trackdays ect I'd spend a bit more?

  27. #106
    V.A.G.erbond's Avatar
    Spooling

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    129
    I ran these on my Leon Cupra for 2 years with no issues. Bargain coilovers. Damian from DPM sorted them out on another forum. Top man and price too. He's on ASN so drop him a line for prices.

  28. #107
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Yeah he sorted mine out for me, very helpful guy

  29. #108
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    I don't really push it mate, tdi and its a big ol car to be fair, and the fact I'm on stretch tires too. Just all for looks. If you want a more performance based one I'd save up and spend abit more, these are fine for a low end coilovers but for trackdays ect I'd spend a bit more?
    thats the answer I was looking for mate, cheers for your honesty, iam aiming mainly round performance, although the look would be nice it's not priority.

  30. #109
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Obviously they all pass some kind of E.U standard but id rather pay a little more for piece of mind if makes sense?

  31. #110
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Obviously they all pass some kind of E.U standard but id rather pay a little more for piece of mind if makes sense?
    Yeah makes a lot of sense mate, you don't wana be hammering through a corner at castle comb and have the miss fortune of a shocker collapsing. Make a nice YouTube video like, haha! For looks wise and steady driving I would probably buy some of them but for track days I think ill spend a little more.
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.


  32. #111
    AudiB7Jay's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    thats the answer I was looking for mate, cheers for your honesty, iam aiming mainly round performance, although the look would be nice it's not priority.
    I can say even though there a low end kit in price there not half bad even for having abit of a play in the bends.

    Im currently a total of 1 inch between the tarmac and the subframe on the fronts with the rears set a little higher like whooper for that mean ass stance :D and ive done some 120+ cornering between lincoln and skegness with no problems and there 3-4 year old now . paired with Goodyear Eagle F1 ASY2's the set up is phenomenal on grip and corners so nice.

    18415_10200314623009466_1828276816_n.jpg

  33. #112
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiB7Jay View Post
    I can say even though there a low end kit in price there not half bad even for having abit of a play in the bends.

    Im currently a total of 1 inch between the tarmac and the subframe on the fronts with the rears set a little higher like whooper for that mean ass stance :D and ive done some 120+ cornering between lincoln and skegness with no problems and there 3-4 year old now . paired with Goodyear Eagle F1 ASY2's the set up is phenomenal on grip and corners so nice.

    18415_10200314623009466_1828276816_n.jpg
    Nice! So they can handle being pushed then. I live around a lot of speed bumps, which are a pain in the arse, so the quick option (if there is one) to jack it up abit when using it round town would be great, although I plan on it only coming out once a week by next summer. Nice car! Are they 911 turbo wheels?
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.


  34. #113
    AudiB7Jay's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    Nice! So they can handle being pushed then. I live around a lot of speed bumps, which are a pain in the arse, so the quick option (if there is one) to jack it up abit when using it round town would be great, although I plan on it only coming out once a week by next summer. Nice car! Are they 911 turbo wheels?

    I don't know abit jacking it up and lowering it all the time. I avoid speed bumps no matter what even those tiny thin ones (they do most damage) I got stuck last month dropping family off at East Midlands airport beached myself on some horrific speed bumps the was high like 2x the hight of a normal bump? Was weird. I'd just set it at something that's practical it takes time . Gah if I had a £ for every person that's said that I'd be rich there merc alloys very rare from what I can gather I did pay over 1300 for them of a merc engineer

  35. #114
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiB7Jay View Post
    I don't know abit jacking it up and lowering it all the time. I avoid speed bumps no matter what even those tiny thin ones (they do most damage) I got stuck last month dropping family off at East Midlands airport beached myself on some horrific speed bumps the was high like 2x the hight of a normal bump? Was weird. I'd just set it at something that's practical it takes time . Gah if I had a £ for every person that's said that I'd be rich there merc alloys very rare from what I can gather I did pay over 1300 for them of a merc engineer
    No way! That's the last thing you want. I love the look, but I'd only have to take 1 wrong turn and I'd be stuck lol!
    I can see the merc look in them actually, trying to rack my brain for which merc they came on, but I definitely remember them on a merc. Nice wheels! Nice look, they do look very similar to the 911 turbo, I like them both!
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.


  36. #115
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Went from Kent to Alton towers last weekend and couldn't really fault the ride, went via burleigh horse show on the Saturday which with all the off cambered A Roads was pretty much constant under tray rubbing but not real issues, even parking in the field I thought was going to have huge issues but had none! Overall still impressed by them.

  37. #116
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    20
    your car looks amazing , i look at it everyday lol. iv got the same colour car but mines the avant. I dont really want to lower it, iv got 19s on mine at the min and fill the arches really well. i want the same wheels as you, but quite fancy them in black.

  38. #117
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Cheers Dav, everydays a little much don't you think haha I kept the chrome window trims, chrome on the numberplate trim and the shiney wheels... personally over the moon with it, sorting out an exhaust at the moment but its very on going due to time for me and my work mates.

    Thanks for the comments though bud, do like the advants! Theres a black one on here with them in 19 I think...

  39. #118
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    20
    maybe shouldnt of admitted that lol. i prefer the chrome round the windows just a pity it goes discoloured. i think i just want black for keeping them clean.

  40. #119
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    216
    Yeah mines not quite discoloured its gone a kinda rainbow effect but only faintly... can hardly tell, but I know! lol

  41. #120
    seandom's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    93

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 07 Sportback S Line, mods so far to bring it up to date
    By paultaylor in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17th February 2012, 09:48
  2. My experience of owning a 170 s line so far. It's not all a bed of roses
    By tedstdi in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30th September 2011, 22:28
  3. stats so far.........
    By Administrators in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26th March 2010, 20:00
  4. S-Line ??
    By tvr1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th August 2003, 15:29
  5. Barclaycard Direct / Direct Line - Modifications
    By Dylarolla in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28th June 2003, 13:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO