Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: my DTM 'build' - story so far, hybrid K04 - custom FMIC

2nd Gear

Status
    No idea bud, see how 'free' Niki is i guess - but sooner the better in my eyes haha

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by olethalb View Post
    No idea bud, see how 'free' Niki is i guess - but sooner the better in my eyes haha
    Keep us posted mate :-)
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

Reverse Gear

Status
    BLQ look better in black, IND could look better in grey

2nd Gear

Status
    well i think the wheels are finally going to be collected today.

updates are;

car has done 400 miles on new build engine, so far so good

going to go 2nd oil change at the weekend

ordered a VFIZ that i've wanted for a long time

after speaking to Dan (Beach Buggy Turbos) i've decided to upgrade to 3.5" decat and 3" downpipe that i'll be making myself

so hoping once custom exhaust is made i can get it booked in for the long awaited mapping
    craigcull likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    my mate got me these for christmas too, i'll have to repaint and sort out some sort of DTM logo

2nd Gear

Status
    Just got home to a few more bits in the post

2nd Gear

Status
    The last of the exhaust bits arrived saturday so gathered them all together this morning

First job was to remove the current decat / downpipe

3" decat into milltek downpipe

Next was to start mocking up the new pipe

Modified flange

Straight 3.5" section

Now pics got a lot less frequent as it was raining on me

Trimmed, tacked and test fitted 3.5" 45*, 3.5" flexi, 3.5-3" reducer and 3" 45*

Then added V band join

Once it was all tacked and angles correct i added the 3" straight section

Old vs new

Dried off

Will be getting it all tig welded this week, lambda and egt bosses welded on too, onve that is done some more titanium heatwrap and refit
    Broken Byzan likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Well the exhaust was tig welded, titanium heatwrapped and fitted

3" decat with milltek dp

A4 dtm bbt k04 tfsi 3" decat milltek cat back ezhaust - YouTube

Custom 3.5" decat and 3" dp

A4 dtm k04 bbt tfsi custom 3.5" decat and 3" downpipe millt - YouTube

Neutral

Status
    The best A4 I have ever seen , just perfect

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Your quality of work is excellent to be fair , what stage is the engine at now , I'm watching your and craigs builds with great interest to see which way to go with my build.cheers Andy
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO MAP ,STATIS CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER.

Neutral

Status
    Great Build mate, just read through start to finish!
    One quick question though, what bulbs did you use in your headlights for the inidicators when you did de-tango? Where they just Diadem Halfords ones? They just seem to look quite unnoticeable in your headlights when not on!
    Cheers

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Nicely done mate!….. can ya build me one? haha! no seriously..
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

3rd Gear

Status
    Does the DTM rear diffuser fit the S Line Special Edition? Nearly the same car... different rear bumper.
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition 220bhp, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights. remap/diverter valve soon

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 SE TDI Avant 2.0 140bhp

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

What's yours like for smoking when you boot it olly? Obviously not all the time, Just the initial kick?

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the comments guys, craig i just get an initial puff when booting it.

I still use the car daily but don't like it much at the mo, was all geared up to get it mapped at R-tech and checked the day before and they'd changed policy to only map non mapped tfsi cars.

They said i needed to return to stock file but would need to speak to my current mapper (MRC) after some interweb browsing it appears others who have tried to alter mrc map or restore ecu have been locked out. So i was forced to talk to mrc again, they said they could restore my stock file but would have to wait about a month and cost about £100

At this point i thought eff it! Had enough of fighting a losing battle with this car, most of it due to bad mapping and 'reputable' companies. A week later my vfiz turned up but hasn't left the box as cba, two weeks later drivers window mech has bust and i'm really past caring at this point. I drive to work and home again, thats it, haven't been washing it cleaning inside or caring at all, after the map saga and over a month done so few miles in it, it really is a chore

Well to cheer myself up i bought myself a mk1 golf to build to occupy me and stop me driving it through the front of mrc in a ball of firey glory :D

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks for all the comments guys, craig i just get an initial puff when booting it.

I still use the car daily but don't like it much at the mo, was all geared up to get it mapped at R-tech and checked the day before and they'd changed policy to only map non mapped tfsi cars.

They said i needed to return to stock file but would need to speak to my current mapper (MRC) after some interweb browsing it appears others who have tried to alter mrc map or restore ecu have been locked out. So i was forced to talk to mrc again, they said they could restore my stock file but would have to wait about a month and cost about £100

At this point i thought eff it! Had enough of fighting a losing battle with this car, most of it due to bad mapping and 'reputable' companies. A week later my vfiz turned up but hasn't left the box as cba, two weeks later drivers window mech has bust and i'm really past caring at this point. I drive to work and home again, thats it, haven't been washing it cleaning inside or caring at all, after the map saga and over a month done so few miles in it, it really is a chore

Well to cheer myself up i bought myself a mk1 golf to build to occupy me and stop me driving it through the front of mrc in a ball of firey glory :D
    Sorry to hear it mate. It is soul destroying when things don't go as planned, but you've come too far to turn back now. Why don't you speak to rick @ unicorn developments? You will probably have to leave it with him for a week but he'll sort it out. Knows his **** and decent bloke. I wouldn't go anywhere else now. I've had a ball ache with mine to be honest. Some days I just look at the wife and say, why didn't I just leave it alone lol, but then the next day I solve a problem, take it for a blast and say "this is why i didn't leave it alone!"
    This is my first project like this and sometimes I've questioned if I've bitten off more than I can chew, but then you see the results.

I only go to work in mine, but as of May, the wife's new car arrives so mine becomes the show car which is how it needs to be.

I totally feel your pain though mate. Just don't give up, you have a cracking example there, which in all honesty, inspired me to take the route I've taken. Go on holiday for a week or 2 lol!

2nd Gear

Status

Well to cheer myself up i bought myself a mk1 golf to build
    Now we're talking, you wont regret it, my MK2 is nearing completion
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

2nd Gear

Status
    Your mk2 is epic bud

Well finally got round to fitting the throttle body today after it gathering dust for 2 months

2nd Gear

Status
    Now i know it works i made it a little more permanant today, i fitted it late last night just as a test fit so today made sure it was done right.

The issue was the screws weren't quite long enough

So decided it would be hard to locate similar screws 10mm longer so decided to mod the tb

I took a 12mm drill bit and rilled the holes deeper

Drilled them all out an extra 10-12mm deeper

Had a better test today now i know it works and it definately feels 'stronger' it really needs mapping to take advantage but in my state of tune also feels smoother.

Olly

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Nice! Where the tb from?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456