B8 glove box fit B7?

sekenzo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the A4 b8 glove box will fit my A4 B7?

I have a broken glove box and bought a b8 one via eBay without checking.

Why would it? its a totally different platform.

Daft question.

I have a broken glove box and bought a b8 one via eBay without checking.

It's an understandable mistake to make, after all, B6 and B7 models have the same fitment. However, the previous replies are right, so your best bet is to resell this item, and do another search for the right part.

Why would it? its a totally different platform.

Daft question.

how was that a daft question ?
he doesnt know so he asked
he got the answer he needed.

People often just want confirmation, which is what the helpful people of this forum are here for. :o.k:

Where is it broke Sekenzo as I have just been through a lengthy repair with mine after one of the hinges snapped?

I just had mines replaced, the bottom left hand hinge had snapped. it turns out that the plunger that attaches to the hinge fails (too much vacuum which stops it moving easily) He drilled a small hole in the back of the plunger which will stop any further issues.

I just had mines replaced, the bottom left hand hinge had snapped. it turns out that the plunger that attaches to the hinge fails (too much vacuum which stops it moving easily) He drilled a small hole in the back of the plunger which will stop any further issues.

I repaired my broken hinge, then strengthened both hinges with some metal brackets and also drilled a hole in the end of the damper too which makes it move a little easier.

Thanks for that. I've always wondered why my glove compartment opens so slowly!

Drilling a vacuum relief hole in the end of the piston/cylider damper on my own vevicle did nothing. I ended up taking the damper apart and rubbing down the seal on the piston to make it easier to open and close and now my glove box opens and closes just fine.

Drilling a vacuum relief hole in the end of the piston/cylider damper on my own vevicle did nothing. I ended up taking the damper apart and rubbing down the seal on the piston to make it easier to open and close and now my glove box opens and closes just fine.

Is the seal on the piston plastic or rubber and what did you use to rub it down? I'm in two minds about taking the glove box apart as well, is it a pain getting out or relatively simple?

audi cab 2003 glove compartment left hand hinge broke can this be repaired, can the door only be taking off and how thanks