DPF query

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Hi all. One of my customers owns an A4 3.0 TDI Quattro Cab and is getting it remapped very soon. He was enquiring about the DPF delete and EGR delete aswell. Now when he popped round today I had a look to see IF his car had a DPF and I couldn't find it anywhere. Even got underneath the vehicle to have a look but no joy. Where is the DPF located (pics would be nice if possible)and how easy is it to carry out EGR delete on the 3.0 TDI? Did see some kind of steel cannister at the rear of the engine bay behind a cowling but seemed to small for a DPF cannister seeing as the A4 version is about 1/2 foot long. I have only ever done DPF deletes and EGR deletes on A3's, A4's and Leons. Thanks in advance.

Well it should be just under the turbo..
it looks like a normal CAT, and i dont think it is so big eather.. im going to remove mine on my 2.0TDI, you could actually see it underneeth the car
something like this

Cheers for that buddy. Be advised mate as the B8 A4 2.0TDI DPF is massive compared to that. I've done 2 of those and you have to remove the R/H wheel and driveshaft to get it out of its hole because its that big. The majority of it is actually within the engine bay but has to be withdrawn out through the R/H wheel well. I will pop round and have a look to see if I can identify IF the car has got one as not all of them have the DPF. Fingers crossed its not got one.

That's NOT a DPF, that's the 1st CAT. The A4 (3.0tdi anyway) has 2 CATs, the 1st in the engine bay which looks similar to pictured above, and the 2nd is under the car body.

The DPF is part of the 2nd CAT, there is only one 'container' which houses both the 2nd CAT and the DPF. Inside the 'container' the first section is the 2nd CAT, and the back end of the container is the DPF. I saw inside when mine was emptied earlier in the year. Unless there were different versions of DPFs on the 3.0tdi (which I highly doubt) it's at the rear of the large box under the main car body (slung under the drive shaft)

You'll know if the car has DPF as where the DPF filter is fitted in the exhaust you have a metal pipe before and after the dpf which is connected to the pressure sensor.

Edit found this pic, item 32 is the DPF. Looks like it's located under the car.

Dpf

Last edited: