Volks AutosEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What did you do to your B7 today

Welsh Audi Nut

Status

What did you do to your B7 today

Sorted out my bumper/bonnet gap today (as it was getting on my t**s) and gave the car a quick wash
    Gap before:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352317212.162824.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352317308.659306.jpg

After:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352317396.041996.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352317426.004897.jpg

Looks a lot better now!

Also sorted my reverse camera retrofit out,now works a dream.will take some pics when i get a chance.
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    That's a great improvment! Love the front end

I've heard of this before, is there a how-to anywhere??

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Welsh Audi Nut

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy21187 View Post
    That's a great improvment! Love the front end

I've heard of this before, is there a how-to anywhere??
    A how to on adjusting the bumper or the reverse cam?
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

Tiptronic

Status
    Bumper...

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Neutral

Status
    I'd love to see how to make the bonnet look that tidy!

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Fitted my winter wheels on ready for all the salt and crap that will be going down soon,plus tyres should help if and when the weather gets bad,it was late nov we started having decent snow in 2010.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

4th Gear

Status
    Yeh Quattro Snow
    Torque the Torque

5th Gear

Status
    Plus fitted panzer plate last winter,protecting the sump etc against snow ruts , speed humps etc.Had wheels last winter but hardly had any snow,they were awesome on sheet ice though:-)
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

4th Gear

Status
    How much did the panzer plate set you back?
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzini7 View Post
    How much did the panzer plate set you back?
    you can get them from dieselgeek.. Audi A4 skid plate

v.popular with the R32OC.com guys

goose

EDIT: This plate does not fit B6 or B7 Audi S4 or any A4 Cabriolet
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez-dtm View Post
    I'd love to see how to make the bonnet look that tidy!
    Yep, me too.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

5th Gear

Status
    Yep thats where i got it from ,not a straight forward fit with s line bumper slight trimming needed ,dont fit one if your watching the car weight though they are seriously heavy.

5th Gear

Status
    love the audizine verision of this thread

today ive drove mine lol need to clean as its a r8 mess, only fully detailed it sunday aswell

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status

Welsh Audi Nut

Status

Its surprisingly easy to adjust the bumper,it supposedly can be done without removing the bumper,i had mine off anyway so did it then.
    If you look on the slam panel at the front you will notice two 18/20mm diameter holes,if you look down these holes you will see some t35 torx screws, you turn these to adjust the height of the bumper. If i remember correctly its clockwise to raise it and anti-clockwise to lower.you will need a relatively long series t35 torx driver tho to get to it.
    Even with removing the bumper and a brew in between it only took bout half hour to do,and makes it look a whole load better.
    Id seen so many a4's including mine with big bumper/bonnet gaps and just had to sort it out!

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    Its surprisingly easy to adjust the bumper,it supposedly can be done without removing the bumper,i had mine off anyway so did it then.
    If you look on the slam panel at the front you will notice two 18/20mm diameter holes,if you look down these holes you will see some t35 torx screws, you turn these to adjust the height of the bumper. If i remember correctly its clockwise to raise it and anti-clockwise to lower.you will need a relatively long series t35 torx driver tho to get to it.
    Even with removing the bumper and a brew in between it only took bout half hour to do,and makes it look a whole load better.
    Id seen so many a4's including mine with big bumper/bonnet gaps and just had to sort it out!
    yep thats the way
    unless its been off before and they havent put it back right
    DIY: Bumper/Hood Gap Adjustment (after bumper removal)

5th Gear

Status
    picked this up last night! lets get custom!

IMG_0652 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

1st Gear

Status
    Oooh what you up to Danny?

5th Gear

Status
    Fitted my studded winter Goodyears for the cold monthsahead.....and now it's +12c here in Swedenshire! Pffff. Was hoping to get the bus tarted up with the my newly aquired ABT bodykit and get the rust and bodywork painted for later this month too.....just not enough hours in the day.
    Last edited by Molnboman; 10th November 2012 at 09:15.

Neutral

Status
    I got polishing properly for the first time since purchase...

Very pleased :-D

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice but im more impressed with the parking!

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1sch View Post

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

Status
    Well I spent a little while looking at K04'd B4 S4's today........

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

Status
    They do look awesome when wide bodies too!AudiSRS.com :: Aiden's widebody S4

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1sch View Post

Haha I was simply trying to avoid the inevitable retail park door dents honest!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Never noticed how big the gap is on mine till I read this! Cheers!! :lol:

Loving the front end look, very nice indeed :thumb:

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Oooh what you up to Danny?
    making my self a custom boot lid, to fit round my shortened number plates, watch this space

Neutral

Status
    Not today but yesterday:
    got the plastidip out and sprayed up the front grill to get rid of the horrible chrome surround and faded plastic and fitted the 18"BBs rep's
    to replace the horrible kerbed to f**k ones that it came with.
    fingers crossed will get the coilovers fitted next week and assuming all goes will with the plasti-dip on the front i will get rid of the chrome Window surrounds as well
    Driver of the big Blue English Springer Spaniel bus........

Ownded Cars:
    140 BHP A4 Avant "Spaniel Bus"
    300 BHP Focus ST3
    150 BHP Astra Sporthatch
    130 BHP Stealthed out DERV Corsa

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedout View Post
    Not today but yesterday:
    got the plastidip out and sprayed up the front grill to get rid of the horrible chrome surround and faded plastic and fitted the 18"BBs rep's
    to replace the horrible kerbed to f**k ones that it came with.
    fingers crossed will get the coilovers fitted next week and assuming all goes will with the plasti-dip on the front i will get rid of the chrome Window surrounds as well
    any piccies of the plasti-dipped grille - did you go matte or gloss, and what was the finish like?

ta,
    goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

Neutral

Status
    Finally got it back to just mine
    Wifes A3 all mot'd and back on the road.
    Camper Back wintered where it should be.

1st Gear

Status
    "What did you do to your B7 today"

hhmm at the weekend, she got a quick clean following a few hundred miles of M1 road-crud, and i got under the car and twisted my exhaust brackets round to try and free up a mm or two of ground clearance (before i rip off the milltek!).

and today she's in @ Jtech Automotive Ltd having a faulty headlight levelling sensor sorted.

thats it for this week

goose
    Current:

Past:

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g00se View Post
    any piccies of the plasti-dipped grille - did you go matte or gloss, and what was the finish like?
    ta,
    goose
    Finish came out pretty well TBH. though with it being a less than geart day in not-so-sunny Scotland it took Ages for it to cure right.
    will try get some pics up. big test will be how hard wearing it is or if it will fall apart come its first clean.

Ownded Cars:
    300 BHP Focus ST3
    150 BHP Astra Sporthatch

Neutral

Status
    and the vedict is in it looks pretty good when on. I sprayed it at the weekend, gave the grill a scrub let it dry and applyed.
    Doesnt seem to like my Grill that much and has started to peel. that said it comes away really easy literally just pulls off.M
    ay give it a 2nd bash this weekend but put some Plastic primer down primer down first see it will help it adhere a bit better to the plastic grill.
    Last edited by bleedout; 13th November 2012 at 13:29.

Ownded Cars:
    300 BHP Focus ST3
    150 BHP Astra Sporthatch

Neutral

Status
    Today I fixed the glove box and had the car remapped from 140 to 175bhp

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Euans2 View Post
    Today I fixed the glove box and had the car remapped from 140 to 175bhp
    ^^^^^ Sounds like a good day!!

Today I got a mate to clear a TPMS error off my dash, so now i finally have my full DIS back and no annoying beeping!

Plus I picked up a set off RNS-E removal keys, ready to clean the DVD laser at the weekend, and hopefully get my sat-nav working again.

Happy days!

goose
    Current:

Past:

Neutral

Status
    I didn't do anythin to my B7 but some women pulled out of a side road right into the side of me and crashed into my B7!!! Gutted!

Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

1st Gear

Status
    Sh*t sorry to hear that mate..

Neutral

Status
    oooft, hope all inside the car were ok.
    assume she just wasnt paying attention untill she was trying to sit next to you..

Ownded Cars:
    300 BHP Focus ST3
    150 BHP Astra Sporthatch

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pburv View Post
    Sh*t sorry to hear that mate..
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedout View Post
    oooft, hope all inside the car were ok.
    assume she just wasnt paying attention untill she was trying to sit next to you..
    thanks for the concerns, yeah luckily only me in the car and not the misses and are 9 month old son :/

spot on, she didn't even look in the direction I was comin from! She just pulled out
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craig_TDI View Post
    thanks for the concerns, yeah luckily only me in the car and not the misses and are 9 month old son :/
    aslong as no injuries then all's well.
    plus side you will get a new door amd the car will get some fresh paint / touch-ups done at her cost.

Ownded Cars:
    300 BHP Focus ST3
    150 BHP Astra Sporthatch

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craig_TDI View Post

spot on, she didn't even look in the direction I was comin from! She just pulled out
    gutted for you mate - after all the work you put in keeping her clean, it makes you feel sick in the pit of your stomache

am sure all will come good in the end

goose
    Current:

Past:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast