JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jjmurphy21187

Thread: Under Bonnet Lights :D

5th Gear

Status

Under Bonnet Lights :D

Gents,

So ive re worked all my under bonnet which is now complete, local meets now dark this time of year so i thought id put some lights in not too chavvy but to shine up so u can see the carbon ect.

So bought some lights of ebay, listed as doll house lights which were cheaper that car ones but exactly same :S

So, i whipped off the sound deadening and sized everything up

IMG_0560 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

IMG_0561 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

IMG_0563 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

The lights are sewed in as the tape wasnt up to scratch really

So soldered all the wires to a point which is connected to a 9v battery box mounted under the bonnet, didnt want to run it to the car.

IMG_0564 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

Waited till dark and tested

IMG_0566 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

IMG_0599 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

Really happy with the outcome not over powering just a nice cool led white glow, and all for less than 15 quid :D

Quick pic from the weekend at a detailing shops opening day

IMG_0624 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr
    Last edited by D2NY G; 7th November 2012 at 12:56.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    And another mod, well done Dan, I was gonna say Chavtastic lol, but looks very cool fella
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    And another mod, well done Dan, I was gonna say Chavtastic lol, but looks very cool fella
    yeah a was wondering how it would turn out but imo i think ive hit the good balance reply to ya pm nah pal

Tiptronic

Status
    Looks good Danny! How are they standing up under the bonnet? Are the suitable for the temperature?
    lukey baby likes this.

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Welsh Audi Nut

Status

Looking good danny,nice and subtle! U got any pics of the lights lit up at night?
    What u got planed next?
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy21187 View Post
    Looks good Danny! How are they standing up under the bonnet? Are the suitable for the temperature?
    Cheers pal, well they have been on over a week now and still there still working engine heat has not effected it at all tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    Looking good danny,nice and subtle! U got any pics of the lights lit up at night?
    What u got planed next?
    Ill have to take some more theres 2 above just on the drive, yeh nothing to chavvy it just gives a nice glow on the carbon'd bits

My winter plans are 1) Saving up for my custom trim got qouted a bargin price just need to save 2) Get a sline boot and make a US spec size one (not payin 600 an odd quid for a genuine one LOL) 3) A cheap but effective exhaust & valance mod which u all shall have to wait for

Welsh Audi Nut

Status

Sounds good👍 cant wait to see .
    Just bought a twin exit rear valance for mine today £10, bargain!just need to find a twin exit exhaust now! Also got some bits to send ryan @ hydro precision,when i get my finger out and send em.lol
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.