Under Bonnet Lights :D

D2NY G

Reaction score
Gents,

So ive re worked all my under bonnet which is now complete, local meets now dark this time of year so i thought id put some lights in not too chavvy but to shine up so u can see the carbon ect.

So bought some lights of ebay, listed as doll house lights which were cheaper that car ones but exactly same :S

So, i whipped off the sound deadening and sized everything up

IMG_0560 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

IMG_0561 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

IMG_0563 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

The lights are sewed in as the tape wasnt up to scratch really

So soldered all the wires to a point which is connected to a 9v battery box mounted under the bonnet, didnt want to run it to the car.

IMG_0564 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

Waited till dark and tested

IMG_0566 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

IMG_0599 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

Really happy with the outcome not over powering just a nice cool led white glow, and all for less than 15 quid :D

Quick pic from the weekend at a detailing shops opening day

IMG_0624 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
And another mod, well done Dan, I was gonna say Chavtastic lol, but looks very cool fella

And another mod, well done Dan, I was gonna say Chavtastic lol, but looks very cool fella

yeah a was wondering how it would turn out but imo i think ive hit the good balance :) reply to ya pm nah pal

Looking good danny,nice and subtle! U got any pics of the lights lit up at night?
What u got planed next?

Looks good Danny! How are they standing up under the bonnet? Are the suitable for the temperature?

Cheers pal, well they have been on over a week now and still there still working engine heat has not effected it at all tbh

Looking good danny,nice and subtle! U got any pics of the lights lit up at night?
What u got planed next?

Ill have to take some more theres 2 above just on the drive, yeh nothing to chavvy it just gives a nice glow on the carbon'd bits

My winter plans are 1) Saving up for my custom trim got qouted a bargin price just need to save 2) Get a sline boot and make a US spec size one (not payin 600 an odd quid for a genuine one LOL) 3) A cheap but effective exhaust & valance mod which u all shall have to wait for ;)

Sounds good👍 cant wait to see .
Just bought a twin exit rear valance for mine today £10, bargain!just need to find a twin exit exhaust now! Also got some bits to send ryan @ hydro precision,when i get my finger out and send em.lol