Rear Pressed Plates - With or Without Surround?

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you have them, but I had my pressed plates delivered from DTUK (excellent service) the other day. Going to attempt to fit them later on today so fingers crossed it all goes well.

I have a spare number plate surround (plain black) lying around and was wondering whether or not to fit it to the rear or not. I know the front doesn't require one and I'm sure it would look stupid to but wanted to know other peoples opinions. Pictures would help if anybody has done this already too.

Thanks in advance, Az.

Personal preference really, use some blue tack and have a look with and without before fixing permanently. Personally I didn't bother as my plates had a black border anyway

Without would look best imo. How much we're the plates? I think they are going to be my next upgrade.

Definately without, I took my surround off, just looked out of place IMO

yep, defo without!
i bought surrounds for mine and never used them!
just use sticky pads from halfrauds to stick on directly! looks loads cleaner

Went for no surround in the end. I love how cars look so much cleaner without a front plate too...

null-6.jpg

null-3.jpg

without a front plate does look clean
but not that way
you need the USA plinth so its flush
your way just looks like its fallen off.

part number for what you need 8E0 807 287 C 3FZ

This is a little bit off topic but just wondering,.. Ive bought the oem euro spec plate frame/filler for the front grill, where the plate sits behind it on an adapter which clips on the grill itself, which i think looks great.
The adaptor which the plate sits on - part number 8e0 807 083 a - behind the frame, is great as it doesn't stick out as much as most ebay frame plate surrounds do and looks nice and subtle.
Just wondering if anyone with ETKA or whatever audi uses nowadays knows if there is something like this i could mount my plate on on the bootlid? Then i can swap between plates real easy, and without the looks of a shabby ebay frame!

Where did you get it from and does the grill need to be removed to fit or does it all just sit on top of the current plate holder setup? Wouldn't it stick out if it was the latter?

I got it from audi, its a genuine part.. the grill doesnt need to be removed, you simply just replace the plinth that you plate sits on for the one i posted above, its only 4 torx screws along the bottom! and it looks great. Ill get you some pictures of mine tomorrow after work if you want?

Where did you get the pressed plates?

Sorry if it is written above already!