Newbee and probably annoying questions!!

ajax1976

Reaction score
Please go easy on me, realise its frustrating for you guys but I have searched(inc several forums) but can't find a definate answer and sometimes conflicting ones.

I want to lower my A4 S line 2wd saloon on springs, not coilovers and sort the reverse rake so it sits nice on my 19" Speedlines.

I've read a lot about H&R springs supposibly lowering just the right amount and sorting the reverse rake without the need for B5(?) spring cups, is this right?
The only H&R's specified for my car lower 35mm but on the S line that's only 15mm(?) so that looks no where near enough.
Also read about H&R 45mm springs but only see them listed for 4WD cars on H&R's site, do these fit 2WD cars?

Or do I go for Eibachs 50/40mm set up but I've read with this set up you do need the spring cups to sort the reverse rake, true or false?

Just looking for clarification so I can start acquiring parts and really don't want to disassemble to fit springs then realise I wish I'd gone for spring cups.

Thanks in advance, pictures and experience will be gratefully received!!

Alan

Heres a pic of my wheels temporarily fitted to check heights etc, I'll be changing the colour of the wheels too, black wheels have never been my thing!!
PA283040.jpg

PA283042.jpg

looks good mate - talk to DPM on here.. he'll be able to sort you out

goose