A4 convertible woes

Gazthesparky

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I put the roof down the other day the one day it didn't rain in Glasgow and then went to put the roof up and the windows went down and that was it it nothing

I put the roof up manually and then tried to open it again.

The windows went down and the roof unlocked and popped a few inches and that's it. I couldn't hear the hydraulic motor making any noise. I then locked the roof manually and left it

I then scanned the car with VCDS this morning and the roof has no fault codes listed but the central electric control module 09 is listing fault code
02071 - local databus
57-00-electric circuit failure

Checked Ross Tec and the code says to check wiring and check module

I can't see that the module is faulty because all the lights and the rest of the car is functioning fine

I'm pretty stuck now ? I have seen the write up about the brushes on the hydraulic motor so is that the next port of call ? Is there a fuse somewhere that might have popped and hence cause the fault code on the central electric module ?

I don't want to strip out the boot and motor if that's not the problem.

The car is a 2008 A4 B7 cab

Any suggestions tips would be great if people think that's the cause I will go ahead and strip out the motor but I don't want to touch something that might not be broken.

Cheers

Have a look at this thread mate - should help! I wouldn't rip up your boot just yet!

Gov