Chris NottBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

New S4 owner with a couple of questions

Hi there boys and girls. Just picked up a second hand S4 Cabrio on a 54 plate, with just 45K on the clock. Love the car immensely but I have a couple of problems and queries.

1.) Occasionally when I take the roof down, the Radio stops working (just white noise). Anyone know what this could be?

2.) The Climate control decides to reset itself sometimes when i start the car up. Any ideas?

My last question is, roughly how many miles are left in the tank when the reading says '0' miles left?

Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    the radio the ariel amp is in the boot lid
    you will have got a split wire between boot and car just where the hinge is strip rubber boot back and repair or get repair wore from audi

what do you meen the CC resets ? what does it do ?

Tiptronic

Status
    In cabriolets the CC has 2 settings which it 'remembers'. The settings last used when the roof is down and when the roof is up are selected automatically when the roof is opened/closed. If you've stopped the car and the closed the roof the CC will then change to 'roof-up' settings, rather than roof-down. I may be telling you stuff you already know here, could be a fault on the roof controller? Do you know any other A4 owners to swap the CC unit out temporarily and try theirs?

Bez beat me to it with the ariel comment also

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggsy68 View Post
    2.) The Climate control decides to reset itself sometimes when i start the car up. Any ideas?
    Do you always use the same ignition key? The CC settings are remembered per key, so if you swap keys the CC will startup on different settings.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy21187 View Post
    In cabriolets the CC has 2 settings which it 'remembers'. The settings last used when the roof is down and when the roof is up are selected automatically when the roof is opened/closed. If you've stopped the car and the closed the roof the CC will then change to 'roof-up' settings, rather than roof-down. I may be telling you stuff you already know here, could be a fault on the roof controller? Do you know any other A4 owners to swap the CC unit out temporarily and try theirs?

Bez beat me to it with the ariel comment also
    When I say 'reset', I mean it changes temperature. Now I think about it, it only changes when I put the roof down / up, so that sounds entirely plausible. Thanks for that. Wow...... aren't those Germans clever huh? The radio suggestion sounds good too. I'll take it to Audi to have a look at.

1st Gear

Status
    what colour, options.. get some piccies up pls?!?

oh, and welcome!

goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

5th Gear

Status

Re: New S4 owner with a couple of questions

I was told by fontain that mine has a 50 mile reserve tank but haven't been brave enough to test it...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior