Just sold my 2.0tdi now looking for another help please

L3WJX

Reaction score
Hello had nothing but troble from my audi a4 2.0 tdi s line,so I have just sold it,Im now looking for a audi a4 2.0 tfsi 56 reg 80,000 miles,cambelt has been changed but what eles should I look at,is there any common problems these have that I should look out for ?
I also have vagcom so I will be taking this up with me to look at the car,if anyone could help me or advise me not to buy a 2.0 tfsi and why that would be a great help..

Did you have much trouble selling the TDI?

I've got a 170 and touch wood at the moment its OK but I'm seriously considering moving it on for a petrol.

They also have problems with diverter valves failing. When I first got mine I remember thinking it should feel quicker than my old 180 1.8T A3, turned out the diverter valve had a big rib in the rubber, was about £30 to replace. Mine also went in to have the coil pack changed under a recall. Other than the diverter valve issue I was really pleased with it, they respond well to an ecu flash, mine being quattro and mapped was a potent combination and it should be more fun todrive than you diesel. Just out of intrest was yours the 170? We have just had an engine failure at 50,000 miles on my grandads touran and had a new one put in by VW.