anyone have this random one?

Av4nt

Reaction score
On a few occasions now... I have come back to my car and all four windows have been fully open.
when I have left it they were closed.

either there is some way of opening all 4 windows with the fob that Im doing when i walk away and lock it or there is a random fault that sets itself off once in a while. Its very strange! Luckily its never been raining when its happened nor has any thieving git tried to steal it.

Anyone had similar? Its an A4 Avant B7 2005. :-/

This I call "the airport carpark phenomena".....I am amazed to see high value cars... mostly Beemers in airport carparks with their windows open when I am on my travels.....My understanding for this was that it's caused by a dead or dying battery. It has never happened to me but I have seen it many a time.

Have you checked the health of your battery recently?

BR
A

If you press and hold down the unlock / lock on the key fob the windows will go down or up depending on which one is pressed. My guess is that something in your pocket is pressing against your key fob causing it to happen.

If you press and hold the unlock button on the keyfob it winds all the windows down. If you press and hold lock it winds them all back up. I'm not sure if you need to enable this but that's how it is on my car (I'm the 2nd owner).

Now if it was a 55 plate Mondeo I would say to clear the leaves and debris out of the drains in the scuttle panel. There is a control box in there that when it rains and floods the scuttle tray opens the windows. Modified by Ford after it was discovered, as criminals discovered it first and poured water in there to open the windows to nick stuff.