Tyres - Tracking

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to have my tracking done as I had two new tyres fitted.

The garage is STS Tyre pros and I have used them before and they are good at what they do.

But they charged me £90!

The bill says Geometry - Rear Camber £24.95 net of Vat
- Rear toe in/out £24.95
- Front toe in/out £24.95

Once you add in VAT, it is £90!

Shocking.

The two tyres cost me £290. Goodyear 235/45/17/y/97 Eagle F1 ASY2 XL.

Surprising how much it all adds up to.

30 quid a pop but there mates
they charge what they want where i go depending on the car

That is really bad......

Most places round me do a free check and charge £25 all in if they need to make adjustments.

im having mine done at dexel on my dinner today as its nextdoor for £15

I guess you get what you pay for...or sometimes not as the case may be.
I needed my tracking doing so down to my fave tyre place and opted for their four wheel adjustment lark.Having been charged £30 and a fiver for every adjustment (there were three) car was worse than when it went in.The readings shown to me were within tolerance, and that was that.So off to the dealer, at a cost of over a ton.Worse than the tyre place (their super duper 4 wheel laser machine couldnt print the report out..how convenient).Upon recommendation I went to Silverline in Warwick (most ignorant and miserable twwat behind the counter) and had it sorted.Bang on.With the print out to prove that what audi had done was shyte.£60 in all.Did audi do anything about it? Of course not.Couldnt prove their adjustments...and id driven it on the road (wtf).You could always risk driving over that mat gauge thing that some places use, and then rely on a chimp with a squiffy eye and mole grips to do it though for a tenner.......

From what I read it does vary greatly. Elite tyres in Rainham Essex has a good reputation for those in the south east - Wheel Alignment Off there to try them out on the next free weekend I have.