Mr Muscle for B7 2.0tdi

Griff

Reaction score
Hi

I have been reading the threads with regards to cleaning a b6 1.9tdi turbo with mr muscle. Is there a guide for the 2.0tdi as i cant find one anywhere :)

Thank you :)

Hello. I did this on my B7 2.0 TDI a few months ago, it is really straight forward and came be done really quickly. Remove the engine cover, remove all of the airbox assembly (really obvious how this comes out, just a few screws and clips holding it all together). Then you will be able to see the turbo with the exhaust attached to it. There are 3 bolts holding the exhaust to the turbo, remove these and slide it backwards away from the turbo. You can then squirt your Mr Muscle into the turbo, job done !

Note that one of the nuts is a bit of a nightmare to remove because of how little room there is to work, just needs a bit of patience and quite a lot of swearing :)

I used a WD40 straw to squirt the cleaner in, made it much easier to control and direct.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much Oddie did it make much difference to your car? I have been having the black smoke and no power from 1500-2000 with crazy kangarooing.

No problem, you are welcome. My car was going into limp mode, mainly when driving it on the motorway. It would go into limp mode in 5th or 6th when accelerating hard. It has made a massive difference to mine, it hasn't gone into limp mode once since i cleaned it (Touch wood !)

Definitely worth giving it a go. I am planning on cleaning mine again sometime soon just for good measure.

Cleaning the EGR valve may be a benefit to. That's what sent mine into limp mode. You'd be surprised how much crap builds up in there.