Do I have a DPF or not???

.Jas.

Reaction score
I have a 2007 (Jan) A4 3.0 tdi.

In the front of my service manual I have code: 7GN which means 'Emission standard, EU4, DPF preparation'

I think this means I don't have a DPF? Does anyone have any better idea?

Cheers

Wouldn't I have code 7GG instead of 7GN if I had one?

I've no idea, but I'm going on the basis that it's a 2007 model. I'm pretty sure all 3.0TDis had diesel particulate filters by then

I'm not so sure they did. I might try Audi and see what they say. I'm hoping it hasn't got one!

Just called Audi (phone number is 0800 699888 if anyone's interested) and they tell me the car does not have a DPF.

It's a UK car and was registered in Jan 2007 (not sure when it was built though).
Guess that might explain why it smokes a bit when I floor it.

It also allows me to get a Milltek :eyebrows: If only I had the spare £800 :blink:

Not all Audis had a DPF, if you have VCDS you can do an instrument cluster test and be able to light up the DPF warning light. Mine is 2007 and I don't have a DPF, I also have a little bit of smoke under hard acceleration, but I think that is normal for a diesel, especially when its tuned.

Just called Audi (phone number is 0800 699888 if anyone's interested) and they tell me the car does not have a DPF.

It's a UK car and was registered in Jan 2007 (not sure when it was built though).
Guess that might explain why it smokes a bit when I floor it.

It also allows me to get a Milltek :eyebrows: If only I had the spare £800 :blink:

I wonder whether mine does or not although it definitely has TDV in the make/model description. Any reason the Milltek systems do not fit with the DPF fitted?

Out of interest mine doesn't have TDV anywhere in the make/model.

The milltek website states the exhaust only fits non-DPF models. Couldn't tell you why though...