Fuel & air filter change on 3.0 tdi - stick with genuine audi parts?

.Jas.

Reaction score
I'm looking at changing my air & fuel filter on my 3.0 tdi.

GSF sell the fuel filter for about £20 and the air filter for about £10.
Does anyone know how much Audi charge for original parts? And is it worth paying the extra to stick with original parts?

Genuine fuel filter from Audi was just over £40 when I got a quote for mine last week, I just ended up doing my oil, oil filter and air filter. Air filter is about £10 from audi too I think, my oil filter was £8 from gsf.

Not on the 3.0tdi but the 2.0tdi but i get my genuine Audi parts from TPS(trade only?) and they only cost at tops £30.

The fuel filter is around £49. I always use gen parts, but that's just personal choice. It's a doddle to change.

cheers guys. decided to go for a k&n replacement element, as only £33 delivered off ebay. Will call Audi tomorrow to get the price for the fuel filter. If it's only a tenner more I'll go with the Audi part.

You'll find genuine parts are the same. Mahle, Mann filters etc. vw and Audi don't make their own bits

TPS is open to everyone, I was told by Audi to use them for my clutch switch when my cruise control stopped working. Personally I would not bother with the K&N filter, I took one out of my 2.0TQ when I bought it and spent ages degreesing the MAF and air box, I replaced it with a non oiled pipercross, but ended up opting for an Audi paper on in my 3.0TDI as I felt no major difference. Will be interesting to see how you get on with the fuel filter as I have yet to change mine.

My cars done 110k miles and looks like the fuel filters never been changed. Hoping it'll fix some lumpiness when cold.

Also thank to ste_nova as got a Mahle filter on that site for £19.80 delivered.

It should say in your service history if it has been changed by Audi, I know mine hasn't and it has done 82,000 miles now.

Just checked my service history, it was changed at 45k and 85k miles (which was 2 years ago) so due a change I guess. Looks older than 2 years to me though!

Last edited: