Suggestions on breaks

Gazthesparky

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My cars booked into an Audi indie next week and just looking for a bit of info just so I'm prepared.

I seem to have a bit of a rubbing sound on the front passenger side wheel. I'm thinking either the pads need changing or the calliper is stuck anyway the garage will find out.

Question I've got is is it likely to just be pads? Or discs aswell?

I've got a 2.0TDI sline cab an it's just got standard brakes. If it does require new discs/ pads should I just have them replaced with the same or should I take the opportunity to upgrade them?

Your thoughts and opinions grateful

Cheers

What sort of mileage have the discs done?

Standard discs will be more than adequate. If uprating anything, pads and fluid would be a better start

The cars done 46,000 miles ok maybe I'll just get the pads replaced and the fluid.

Again it might be nothing but just looking for information as I know nothing about the breaking system/ pads.

Right been to the garage today and they say that the car needs new pads and discs on the front of the car just thought I'd update the thread to keep you all informed

Right well I've got my car back from the garage and they have replaced the front discs and pads. Picked the car up and paid for the work...... But driving home there is still a rubbing sound while driving. It's not caused by braking its a constant rubbing/ grinding that is there even when not touching the breaks.

Anyway I'm going to call the garage tomorrow and get them to have another look. But just thought I would ask if anyone has any ideas what it might be. As I say it's not happening when I press the breaks.

Any ideas ?????

Right well I've got my car back from the garage and they have replaced the front discs and pads. Picked the car up and paid for the work...... But driving home there is still a rubbing sound while driving. It's not caused by braking its a constant rubbing/ grinding that is there even when not touching the breaks.

Anyway I'm going to call the garage tomorrow and get them to have another look. But just thought I would ask if anyone has any ideas what it might be. As I say it's not happening when I press the breaks.

Any ideas ?????

Right been back to the garage and taken one of the tecs a drive in the car and he has Said it's the front passenger wheel bearing. So it's going in next week to be replaced.

My question is is it advisable to change the 2 front wheel bearings or just the pasanger side ? Is it best to swap the pair ?

Right been back to the garage and taken one of the tecs a drive in the car and he has Said it's the front passenger wheel bearing. So it's going in next week to be replaced.

My question is is it advisable to change the 2 front wheel bearings or just the pasanger side ? Is it best to swap the pair ?

You will be fine just replacing the defective bearing , no need to do both sides.

Paul B7